Job ID 5034
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Lead
Requisition – 2021200868
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: EpiC Technical Director/Country Director
- The Project Lead will provide management oversight, leadership and technical support to the EpiC Activity 1 central and state (Bayelsa, Edo, Lagos) office teams in the area of PMTCT, clinical care/ART and reproductive health.
- S/he leads the design and coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health / family planning services (RH/FP) both at facility and community settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, across the continuum of care and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Participate in development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; ensures appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Supports the provision of an efficient operational support for project implementation through sound financial and administrative management.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV / AIDS activities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PhD or master’s degree in public health with 7- 9 years’ experience in comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment programs.
- MB.BS / MD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- Or MS / MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS / BA in social science, public health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)