Job ID 27936
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Community Liaison
Job Identification: 3000742
Job Category: Program Management
- As a member of the Emergency project team, the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will serve as the focal point for community engagement and entry.
- You will support project teams to establish and maintain relationships with community members and local leaders and monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned community engagement activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences related to community engagement.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level to assist local partners in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
- Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Support the CRS and partner field teams to identify community entry points, potential conflict triggers related to program activities and devise mitigating measures where needed.
- Build capacity among CRS and partner staff in the area of community engagement and effective communication techniques for trust and relationship building.
- In coordination with the project team support capacity building events for community representatives.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Develop and maintain a community stakeholder directory to include but not limited to key contacts in the community, local community-based organization groups, local government agencies and humanitarian workers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- General knowledge of local and state government practices
- Well-developed knowledge of local community cultures, leaders, customs and practices through prior involvement in the community. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project support and community engagement.
- Experience in the field of emergency response and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)