Job ID 32704
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a woman-led organization born out of passion for the well-being of Women and Children in Nigeria. It has a special interest in mitigating the suffering of vulnerable persons (mostly Women & Children) in times of crisis. Currently, the organization has focused its attention on the North East of Nigeria with special emphasis on Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states (the BAY states) due to the decade-old crises. COWACDI intervenes through a community-based approach in addressing Gender-Based Violence prevention and response programmes, child protection, peace-building programmes, and empowerment of youth and women. COWACDI operates with full respect for humanitarian law and works with concrete policies and principles of international standards such as humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence, and accountability to the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer, NFI
Job Type: Full Time
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The NFI Project Officer working under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office and direct supervision of Program Manager (NFI), the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out project functions for NFI Unit in accordance with COWACDI’s regulations, rules and procedures.
- In particular, s/he will be in charge of the implementation of NFI activities in Yusufari, including participation in distributions, supporting monitoring and evaluation, reporting after each distribution and compliance with relevant NFI SOPs.
- Supervises the NFI assistant and the community enumerators in ensuring quality implementation and follow up of NFI activities
- Supports and monitors distribution activities
- NFI item distribution, hygiene item distribution, facilitation and trainings on use and distribution management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support NFI Program Manager in implementation of NFI projects according to the agreed donor response strategy and plan which may include project designing, development, monitoring and supervision of NFI program.
- Provide support to both project development and project implementation and monitor specific aspects of project implementation, identify, and propose actions to expedite the delivery of inputs.
- Monitor financial, administrative, and technical aspects, in line with COWACDI’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Support NFI Program Manager in programmatic and financial aspects of all NFI projects including direct responsibility for supervision of NFI Unit staff and coordination with consultants working in that portfolio.
- Maintain close cooperation with all partners, applying quality control to all aspects of the projects’ implementation, ensuring timely and accurate donor reporting and maximum donor/partner visibility.
- Maintain liaison with local and state authorities throughout the project implementation cycle, including provision of guidance and status updates in coordination with all units involved in the program.
- Provide technical assistance in the formulation of the overall planning for priorities and activities in the relevant area.
- Ensure that logistical arrangements and internal procedures for monitoring and reporting are well understood and implemented.
- Ensure that Accountability to Affected Population (AAP), Communication with Communities (CwC), protection, GBV risk mitigation and other cross cutting issues are integrated and followed through in NFI programming.
- Represent COWACDI’S NFI unit in relevant Sector and inter-agency meetings as well as the NFI Technical Working Group
- Support the NFI Program Manager to mentor and build the capacities of NFI Unit staff in the thematic area as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution or University in the above fields with three years of relevant professional experience, a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in humanitarian field
- Experience with NFI program and Cash-Based Interventions is mandatory.
- Experience supervising staff with roles and tasks of a similar nature to this assignment.
- Experience in project management, budgeting, reporting, and record-keeping is desirable.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Interpersonal skill; Communication and negotiation skills; Administrative & Time Management skills;
- Must havestrong analytical, planning and people management skills; Ability to prepare clear and concise report
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. • Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is actionoriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicate a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the location of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV in a single PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.