Job ID 31383
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Concern on Climate Change for the Community Initiative (FOURCi) is a non-profit organization group of Academics, Environmentalists, Agricultural Experts, Health experts, Building Experts and community volunteers coming together with their different expertise with one voice and concern towards safeguarding the future of our climate. Currently, the organization has focused its attention on the North East of Nigeria with special emphasis on Borno, Adamawa and Yobe State. (BAY) state. FOURCi interventions fall under the following thematic focuses; Climate Education & Advocacy, Livelihood and Climate Smart Agriculture, Protection and Gender Based Violence, Nutrition, Environmental Sustainability and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer (WASH)
Location: Bama and Gwoza
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Start Date: ASAP
- Monitor WASH project progress by assisting with the development of monitoring systems for tracking progress in area of responsibility and relevant locations in Damboa.
- Identify challenges and bottlenecks and make recommendations on corrective action to be taken including in the procurement and delivery of WASH materials. Document best practices and share lessons learned.
- Supervise the WASH unit’s volunteers based at LGA level to ensure compliance to implementation plans. Provide guidance and support to WASH programme field volunteers (including development/revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical notes) and technical support on synergies between head- and field offices regarding staffing needs and the efficient use of resources.
- Ensure the timely and effective implementation of activities specific to water trucking, waste management, rehabilitation of WASH facilities, water quality testing, training on hygiene promotion.
- Plan and supervise implementation of hygiene promotion activities in the camp and host communities
- Support with MEAL to effectively monitoring and reporting of the activities and expected results, relevant to data collection and documentation
- Contribute to the development of and apply hygiene promotion and community engagement tools and materials for overall WASH program activities.
- Supervise hygiene promotion operations in the field including field-level coordination of mobilization activities such as mass and routine hygiene promotion campaigns.
- Provide technical support, coordinate and implement overall FOURCi’’S cholera preparedness and response activities.
Qualifications (Know How)
Educational Training and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in BA / B.Sc in Engineering, Geology, Geography, Public Health, Environmental science or other WASH-related fields.
- At least two years’ experience from working as aWASH in a humanitarian context.
- Good command of English both verbal and written.
- Good personal and organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse groups of people based in multiple locations.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills Integrity.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that the team members and community operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- Accountability to Affected People
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- FOURCi team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding internatåional relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiaries and communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and FOURCi’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Equal Opportunity: FOURCi is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, etc.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)