Job ID 25618
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Project Pharmacy Technician
Locations: Abuja, Borno, Ondo and Yobe
Report to (Technical): Country Pharmacy Manager
Report to (Functional): Pharmacy Supervisor
Mission and Objectives
- In compliance with ALIMA standard practices and protocols, ensure Good Pharmacy Distribution Practices including: storage; supply; distribution; rational use of drugs, to ensure its effectiveness and operational availability.
- Improve the medical supply in the project
- Guarantee patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational use of drugs.
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
Ordering and reception of the orders:
- Prepare the orders in collaboration with the Pharmacy supervisor, according to the chronogram and the procedure defined
- Assist the pharmacy supervisor in the reception of the orders
- In the collaboration with the logistic, check the numbers of box matches with the number’s recorder in the Freight Manifest
- Check that the content matches with the packing list
- Report the discrepancy and establish the claim
- Send the packing list copy with the project remarks to the coordination
- Follow up the back order, with the Central Pharmacy.
Distribution in the different project end user:
- Assure the compliance in the distribution plan defined by the pharmacy supervisor.
- Comply to the line of communication in effect in the project.
- Assure with the storekeeper the double checking of in and out stock movement.
Storage and lay out:
- Assure the daily control of storage conditions
- Make sure the storekeeper arranges the stock according to the standards.
- Make sure the storekeeper does the picking and packing according to the standards.
- Make sure the expire drugs are stored according to standards.
- Encode IN and OUTs movement in stock cards no later than 24h after the movement.
- Record the IN and OUT’s movements in ISYSTOCK no later than 1 week after the movement.
- In collaboration with the pharmacy supervisor, define the inventory plan in relation with the order plan, and ensure that the plan is respected
- Assist the pharmacy supervisor in analyzing the discrepancy and provide Inventory analysis report
- Assist the pharmacy supervisor in analyzing at the end of every month the pre-expiry drugs, sleeping stock and over stock (>4 month) and propose the solution.
- Monitor the stock status and give alert in case of risk of pre-rupture, and over consumption
- Identify the needs and problems encountered and propose the CAPA (corrective actions and preventive actions)
- In collaboration with the pharmacy supervisor ensure the Regular sharing with the central pharmacy the updated status of expired drugs in the project.
Specific management of the cold chai:
- Assure the daily monitoring of the good storage conditions according to the standards
- Display the content on the Fridge gate
- Follow strictly the contingency plan in case of cold chain breakdown.
- Maintain the temperature between 2-8 C* during the inventory
- Ensure the strict respect of the packaging procedure for the transport in passive cold chain
- Qualified Pharmacy Technician or Nursing related studies or Medical profile.
- At least 1 year in a similar position
- ENGLISH is a MUST and local language would be an asset.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously, excellent organizational skills, flexibility, commitment, team work
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- In Nigeria, ALIMA is running four health and nutrition projects in Borno State (Maiduguri/Jere), Yobe state (Karasuwa/Yusufari) , Research and Lassa fever response in Owo Ondo State. ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent about 25 expatriates and more than 150 national staff.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover letter, CV and qualifications with contact details all in the same PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of email.
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful. Only full applications will be taken into account. Only accepted applications will be contacted.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only successful applicants will be called for an interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.