Job ID 6837
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PS Core & MPBN Operations Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- This function is expected to act as the lead representative for business, technical and functional requirements in Mobile Packet core and IP Backbone (MPBN) Operations and Management.
- The function will oversee the management of the Packet switched network and define a proactive and effective approach in ensuring all performance indices are met;
- Support project implementation within the network and ensure compliance of all activities to defined processes;
- Expected to develop most optimal and efficient mode of ensuring continuous service delivery to meet all internal and external customers SLA;
- Partner with other stakeholders in the network to ensure timely resolution of issues and sustain best customer experience.
- PS Core Operations to ensure Uninterrupted data service Delivery
- IP Backbone Operations for smooth transport of all services
- Detailed Network Reporting and Documentation
- Evolve Operations Management
- Drive Employee Engagement
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient operations management to reduce OPEX
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 8-10years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) and IP/MPLS Backbone networks.
- Vendor experience – HUAWEI, ERICSSON, JUNIPER, ALCATEL LUCENT Router/Switch/Firewall Platforms; Packet Core Elements – Including Charging nodes and Diameter Routers in data networks.
- Understanding of the evolution of native EPC to cloud-based and architecture transformation from Central to Distributed using Control-User Plan Separation (CUPS) technology.
- Vast experience with Virtual solutions and underlying cloud infrastructure
- Good understanding of transmission domain (Fiber and Microwave) functions and how it works with IP/MPLS network to deliver E2E services.
- Experience with Ericsson PS core will be an added advantage
- Experience in interpreting and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Good understanding of Data Analytics solution and their use in resolving network and customer issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online