Job ID 24919
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Helium Health is a full-service Healthtech company that provides a suite of solutions for healthcare providers, payers, and patients in emerging markets – at the core of which is our SaaS based electronic medical records/hospital management information system (EMR/HMIS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Specialist
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking to hire a Public Health Specialist who will manage and execute strategic partnerships with a range of key global health and public health partners across to fund the development and deployment of Helium Health’s solutions in markets we operate, particularly in West Africa and East Africa.
Strategy & Donor Sourcing Operations:
- Develop partnership strategies to deliver on Helium Health’s public health-focused goals. Identify and cultivate opportunities for alternative potential funding streams for the organization, locally and globally.
- Prospect new relationships and partnerships with public health-focused funders, foundation donors, trusts, and others.
- Develop grant management tools and methodology to ensure accurate tracking of opportunities, reporting, and adjustments through the project life cycle.
- Lead the identification and submission of proposals and bids toward public health funding partnerships for Helium Health. Act as a lead writer when necessary.
- Work with the Management Team to develop and expand programs that donor partners can fund.
- Work with the rest of the Strategy & Partnerships Team to develop and maintain an extensive data bank of all partners and funders; liaising and expanding networks with current & potential donors and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the Company’s overall Corporate Strategy through the delivery of high-quality services to key stakeholders and partners.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team in implementing public health campaigns, community outreach events, and & other PR activities.
- Ensure programs and services are delivered in a manner which is responsive to partner needs, putting in place mechanisms for gathering and acting upon customer feedback and insight.
- Liaise with partners to finalize project descriptions, budgets, work plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Respond to requests from donors for compliance information and respond to donor compliance questions as needed.
- Manage engagement by constantly showcasing the impact of the organization’s work.
- Ensure the design of interventions is sound and reflective of established needs.
- Collate performance information and produce performance reports.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams (Product, Service Management, Project Management, Growth), on the development and implementation of Public Health programmes.
- Drive and develop joint business plans with relevant strategic partners, organisations, and community groups.
- Maintain sound and up-to-date knowledge of the public health sector and draw on good practices for the benefit of the Company and its clients.
- Develop strategies for advancing the public health outlook and competencies of health facilities within the Helium Health Network
- Devise a policy framework to guide Helium Health’s push for the inclusion of private health facilities in national health policies, plans and budgets.
Business Research and Analysis:
- Collaborate with the relevant teams to gather the company’s impact data and manage its analysis and dissemination
- Interpret trends and data to gain actionable insight that aid the development of public health partnership strategies.
- Work with R&D and other departments to conceptualize and create new programmes and solutions for Helium Health.
- Work with the Marketing Team to provide public health and global health thought leadership and expertise that raises the company’s profile on these topics
- Conceptualize and manage the creation of reports that showcase the company’s public health/global health competencies, achievements and leadership
- First Degree or equivalent experience from a reputable institution.
- 6 – 10 years’ partnership management experience with an extensive network across public health funding and donor agencies locally and globally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to engage a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Exceptional fundraising and grant/proposal writing skills. Successful track record of identifying and successfully applying for relevant grants and funds from local, national, and international organizations.
- Experience working with agencies aimed at improving health opportunities in Africa.
- Programme development and implementation skills, budgeting and resource planning skills.
- Excellent programme design skills working across a range of disciplines and strategic agendas.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of policy and legislation affecting public health service delivery.
- Experience in working cooperatively with communities.
- Willingness to work remotely in neighborhood venues and to travel to other locations as required for the role.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online