Job ID 24359
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Axxela is a Helios Investment Partners LLP portfolio company, and a designated natural gas shipper on the West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP). Axxela is also the pioneering private sector-led developer of natural gas distribution in Nigeria, delivering at peak 80 million scfd to over 160 industrial and commercial customers via a vast network of gas infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QAQC) Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates collation of field inspection and test reports on all live construction projects in Axxela.
- Monitors Welder performance and conducts visual inspections of welds and repairs of welds in accordance with Company procedures and international codes of practice.
- Checks, inspects and tests project welding and construction materials to ensure they meet project specification requirements.
- Monitors the construction process from all aspects to ensure performance meets job quality and design requirements in accordance with Company procedures and international standards.
- Coordinates with vendors to undertake Welding Qualification Tests (WQT) and inspections of prepared test specimens and witnesses destructive tests.
- Ensures that only Welders who have met the minimum requirements of implementing qualified Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), makes it to the production welding stage.
- Ensures diligent implementation of Axxela Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) across all projects.
- Undertakes Pre-mobilization Inspection of vendors’ Equipment prior to deployment for construction activities.
- Conducts fit-up and dimension inspections as per Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and provides technical guidance for welding sequence and distortion control.
- Minimum of Second Class Upper Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Metallurgical & Material, Electrical & Electronic)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in Construction, Welding Practices or Non-destructive testing.
- Understanding of API 1104, ASME BPV IX, API 5L, ANSI/ASME B31.8, BS, AWS and other Welding and Construction codes and Standards
- Knowledgeable in Inspection, NDT, and other test activities related to gas piping construction and operation.
- Knowledge of ISO Standards – 9001, 14001, and 45001.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.