Job ID 28583
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the supervision of the Head of Office/Generalist field officer (security), the Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment. He/she maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles, and people so that the Substructure can follow field movements in accordance with its program and with security rules.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates all types of radio (VHF, HF) including phone/satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- Facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and maintains a permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Respects international and national radio procedures when contacting other stations
- Registers and treat incoming and outgoing information, confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
- Is responsible for ensuring that the correct languages are used when working with all types of radios
- Selects the most efficient means of communication (inside and outside the ICRC) considering speed and cost
- Is responsible for HF/VHF radios and satellite phones and issues them to field officers when needed
- Consistently goes through the daily staff location template daily and promptly reports omissions or inconsistencies to the Radio Operator Supervisor for corrective action.
- Maintains a good mastery of the geographically assigned environment.
- Follows communication and transmission activity via telecommunications equipment
- Ensures constant contact with people moving in the field and takes appropriate action as stipulated under security rules and internal guidelines
- Updates lists of field movements, messages transmitted, etc.
- Maintains a detailed incident log for security reports and proactively maintains information flow on security-related matters, forwarding to the management regular security reports
- Obtains security clearance for field trips and ensures strict adherence to the relevant movement plans.
- Ensures all movements are registered in the Field mobile log database.
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of Secondary Education.
- Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT, or similar field will be an asset.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization.
- Very good command of written and spoken English and local languages is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment Basic mechanical skills
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2023 – 16:30 hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Send their Curriculum vitae, and Certificates to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202300388 Radio Operator DAT” as the subject of the mail.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject and do not use the online Ms Form will not be taken into consideration.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment)
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates;Female &People Living with Disabilityapplicants are encouraged to apply.
- ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)