Job ID 32826
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Business Development Lead
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 2-year fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on mutual agreement
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
- The Regional Business Development Lead will lead the identification, positioning for and pursuit of donor, trusts, foundations and corporate funding for TVET, Non-formal Education (NFE) and Arts in Sub-Saharan Africa in line with Regional, Country and Business Unit/ Sector priorities.
- The role holder will lead on relationships with key donors and partners in the sectors as well as assess the current market, identify market opportunities / needs and develop position plans in line with the country strategy using marketing insights to develop & deliver audience led BD strategy, priorities & plan.
Role specific knowledge and experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Graduate degree in relevant field or work equivalent experience
- Strong background in winning client and partnership contracts exceeding £500k
- Demonstrable track record in successful proposal development and management
- Ability to identify opportunities, write technical bids for them and speak credibly to donors/clients.
- Financial control or programme management qualifications.
Role Specific Skills:
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communication skills
- Attention to details and processes
- Analytical skills & Financial literacy
- Negotiation skills
- Goal focused
- Eagerness to learn and ability to be flexible.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- The British Council will not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.