Job ID 35187
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Quality Advisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Regional Quality Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring high-quality clinical standards in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard.
- The duties and responsibilities presented below may change as centre activities evolve and expand.
- Directly conduct competency assessment of all Doctors and Nurses for all services including Tubal Ligation and Vasectomy services.
- Directly supervise the setup and roll out Centres and Pharmacies in the region and support the centres to provide all clinical services (Core and Non-Core) in line with SOP
- Investigate minor and major clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit a report.
- Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSI and its affiliates.
- Remain clinically active in MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices core services.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical quality service and provides technical assistance and competencies in MSI’s core services throughout MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices channels: Clinics, MS Ladies, Public sector facilities, Outreach and Social Franchising within the designated region.
- Perform needs assessment at all MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices clinical service delivery sites (SCTOs/ MS Ladies Sup, CTOs)
- Provide guidance in the preparation of materials and logistics for various levels of facilities/service providers before, during and after each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- Have and in-depth understanding of QTA and be conversant with various MSI QTA Tools, such as Centre, Star Scan, QTA check list etc.
- Ensure availability of all relevant MSI guidelines and training materials needed in training various levels of trainees
- Shall maintain a database of all clinicians including locums and ensure their competencies are up to date.
- Shall be responsible for the quality of all medical products in the regional store ensuring their storage and use are up to standards.
Providing Technical Quality Assurance:
- Conduct regular internal QTA visits and track progress in all MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices clinical services delivery points to ensure that high-quality clinical standards are consistently met.
- Provide advice and guidance to the supervisors in the region on MSI Nigeria Reproductive Choices quality assurance processes.
- Coordinate Clinical Training Officers within the region and provide appropriate and relevant training materials, documents, models and stationery to be purchased for each training.
- Support the training advisors to Coordinate the delivery of clinical training to ensure that the quality of training conforms to set standards.
- Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary.
- While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs within the region facilities/service providers and arrange for appropriate training.
- Willingness to travel at least 60%
Supportive Supervision Functions:
- Shall be responsible for the conduct of competency assessment for all clinicians under his/her purview.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring certificates and licensure are tracked and up to date amongst clinicians assigned to him/her.
Communication & Administration:
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations/supervisory visits offered teams and other partners
- Keep and manage records of all center activities including minutes of centre teams’ meetings CMEs, Databases reports of SSV and training reports.
- Follow up on all supervisor’s complaints relating to any of the MSIN services and make recommendations.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by his/her line manager.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery or Nursing/Midwifery
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or International Health an advantage
- Senior Nurse/Midwives with training experience in Sexual and Reproductive health care delivery
- Evidence of good standing with a recognized clinical-related professional body.
- Evidence of basic managerial qualification
Experience & Skills:
- At least 5-years post-graduation experience [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience in implementing quality assurance/quality improvement projects
- Excellent project management and coordination skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
- Work experience with a non-governmental organization (DESIRABLE)
- Articulate and analytical with attention to details (ESSENTIAL)
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.