Job ID 26886
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter, Sport – West Africa (Senior Journalist)
Contract type: Continuing / Permanent
- In line with a new strategy to transition the World Service into a digital first operation that provides distinctive and original content, it is establishing content and production hubs to create high impact, original journalism for its global audiences.
- This role will provide quality and high impact sport news reporting and analysis across a range of BBC News outlets and platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To compile and present engaging content offering new perspectives and deeper exploration of sport news stories, interviews, profiles and analysis
- Produce a wide range of creative ideas to engage audiences across different linear and digital platforms
- Identify, develop and package original stories and other content for various BBC platforms
- Build and maintain regional contacts and provide timely warning of developing stories and trends.
Knowledge, Skills, Training & Experience
- Bilingual language expertise is essential: A full command and up to date knowledge of a key world Service regional language as first (or equivalent) language as well as complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Expert knowledge of a variety of sports and issues impacting the industry and sport personalities on the continent, an enthusiasm for the topic
- A record of live reporting as well as ability to tell stories in engaging style and pace
- This role will involve regional travel on short notice.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.