Job ID 2018
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research and Innovation Manager
Reference No.: req12338
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- With commitment to utilizing research and innovation skills to support the improvement of SRHR service delivery to reduce maternal and newborn deaths and ensure that all women and girls have access to basic sexual and reproductive services. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- We are recruiting for a SRHR Research and Innovation Manager who will lay the important groundwork for developing and coordinate a client-centered, demand-driven SRHR research and innovation portfolio for IRC’s Nigeria program.
Scoping / vetting of project ideas (30%):
Given organizational investment in identifying research and innovation ideas to design and deliver highly demanded SRH and MNH services closer to women and girls in NE Nigeria, we will task the staff member to scope / vet project ideas that are contextually and programmatically relevant. The staff will lead on:
- Identifying and cultivating relationships with potential local and under-resourced partners (including but not limited to community networks, CSOs, private sector actors, research and advocacy organizations, national NGOs, etc.)
- Vetting ideas with local staff and stakeholders and
- Supporting development of content for SRH/MNH research and innovation related business development.
The staff will also work closely with Nigeria CP’s health team and HQ’s SRHR research and innovation lead to convert ideas into concept notes and identify innovative local partnership models and funding opportunities.
Project management (50%):
- We expect this individual to oversee 1-2 key SRHR research and innovation projects as the local coordinator, in collaboration with colleagues from the Nigeria CP and HQ and external partners.
- We also expect this individual to dedicate time to increase their skills on basic research and user-centered design, with support from HQ staff.
Uptake / Stakeholder Engagement (10%):
- In consultation with HQ’s maternal and neonatal health research uptake advisor (new role starting Jan 2021 in relation to EQUAL project), the staff will support the development and execution of a research/innovation uptake plan for each relevant project.
Staff Oversight (10%):
- We anticipate increasing volume of SRHR research and innovation work out of the Maiduguri office, and full-time officers will be hired for said projects, per standard practice for new research projects.
- The individual will be responsible for providing secondary (if not direct) oversight of such staff and creating a community of practice around SRHR research and innovation out of the Maiduguri office.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Reproductive Health Manager
- Indirect Reporting: Research and Innovation Lead for SRH / MNH at IRC HQ
- Position directly supervises:
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Health, Reproductive Health, M/E teams etc.
- External: Other partners- NGO’s, MOH etc.
- Background in supporting public health programs, ideally in SRHR.
- Supportive attitudes towards the provision of sidelined and stigmatized services, including contraception and ASRH.
- Education/experience that demonstrates capacity to execute or potential to learn operational research, such as:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot data quality and program implementation issues.
- Multi-level stakeholder engagement (facility, community, government, etc.)
- Facilitation skills
- Project management.
- Experience with participatory research
- Experience in self-care/community-based approaches to SRH and MNH individuals from / based in Borno State with strong community/stakeholder engagement experience.
- Existing relationships with local CSOs / stakeholders in Maiduguri
- Fluent in Hausa and other indigenous languages in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive Monthly salary.
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family.
- Annual earned leave days.
- Pension scheme.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)