Job ID 28543
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Support Officer
Ref. No: IITA/P&C/NRS2023-029
Job Type: Full time
- Initiate and facilitate the use relevant and local indicators for the monitoring of ICRISAT mandate cereals/legume value chains.
- Manage project database retrievable by all staff and partners.
- Conduct economic and statistical data analysis to generate information on project implementation on the commodity value chain.
- Participate in writing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Organize meetings and for a for dialogue.
- Prepare monitoring schedule, action plans to track and follow-up all input data/information as well as integrate all possible data.
- Supervise as may be required in conjunction with consultants from SAA/KSADP /IsDB project task force officer, field surveys and project outcomes.
- Draw important lessons from project implementation and organize annual M&E review meetings.
- Oversee farmer’s participatory demonstration trials.
- Provide technical support to women groups, lead farmers and farmers in the communities.
- Provide feedback and manage information to/from stakeholders.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture, Agricultural Extension, Crop Production or other related field with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills, including presentations.
- Be computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Show commitment to teamwork with minimal supervision by working positively and cooperatively with others.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online