Job ID 27511
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Naomi Lucas is concerned about enabling and equipping unemployed and underemployed African youths to find and secure meaningful jobs. We seek to help them understand the intricacies of the labor market, see and seize work opportunities, provide sustained capacity building support for them and lastly, bridge the gap between employers and early stage talent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Facilitator
Employment Type: Contract
- As Resident facilitator, you will work very closely with the Team Lead for learning to design, plan and implement learning programs.
- Your overall objective is to drive the attainment of learning outcomes for programs assigned to you.
- You will facilitate sessions in-person or virtually, assess assignments, host live-weekly sessions, moderate discussions, provide support to other facilitators and mentorship to learners as needed.
- The Resident Facilitator must be able to work without supervision, possess exceptional leadership skills and have the emotional intelligence required to manage a diverse group of young people.
- Review all learning content developed to understand the scope of programs to be implemented; pay particular attention to learning objectives and desired outcomes
- Create a supportive, inspiring and conducive learning environment
- Develop and facilitate program sessions using the learning plan and other necessary materials
- Support other guest or resident facilitators during group sessions
- Guide virtual group sessions to maximize the group’s learning, develop their leadership skills, and create an awareness of the role these leaders play in numerous aspects of the program, nurturing and developing talent, and boosting learning performance
- Organize weekly live group sessions and weekly team standups; attend team sessions for assigned teams
- Ensure assignments and projects are submitted as at when due
- Assess assignments submitted either alone or working with other assessors and provide thoughtful, personalized feedback to learners
- Steer conversations about the learning material., encourage respect for ideas voiced during facilitation, extract varied insights from participants
- Measure facilitation effectiveness based on feedback from participants Organize learning activities including presentations, role-playing exercises etc. and ensure active participation of participants in the process.
- Schedule meeting times and guide participants on how to access resource materials for each program level. Verify that everything needed for sessions is in place before sessions begin.
- Conduct evaluation of programs to assess effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and make recommendations
- Determine which training methodologies are most appropriate based on knowledge of learning styles and instructional design principles
- Provide mentorship to the learners as they go through the program and be available should they have questions or issues
- Provide input to the training strategy and the development of specific training development plans
- If there is a change of facilitators, assist the next facilitator in making a seamless transition, offer suggestions that would benefit the next facilitator
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- HND, B.SC, or Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Business, Human Resources, Administration, or any related field.
- Prior experience teaching, training or facilitating programs
- Proficiency in using learning management software and utah virtual teaching tools, and a willingness to learn new applications.
- Excellent active listening, teamwork and leadership skills
- Knowledge of training techniques especially those that foster assimilation engagement
- Ability to think and communicate clearly with others
- Ability to drive critical, participants-led dialogues about learning material
- Knowledge of the key concerns and challenges impacting the future of work
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, build consensus and make things happen
- Proven ability to plan, organize and coordinate groups
- Ability to take and act on feedback
- Passion for youth mentorship and coaching
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Application Letter of not more than 150 words explaining your suitability and interest in applying for this job to: email@example.com using “Resident Facilitator Application” as the subject of the email.
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)