Job ID 25191
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Taghini Foods is a traditional poultry processing Company based in Ibadan. We supply fresh and frozen poultry products to wholesalers, caterers and further processors, including products suitable for Halal customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Veterinarian
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Examine poultry and check their health status.
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment.
- Vaccinate poultry to prevent diseases.
- Prescribe and administer medication.
- Work closely with farmers and other technical team to advise, support, resolve and enhance output in the production of commercial broilers under different management system
- Advise on the overall health of poultry flock
- Follow all ethical rules relating to animal welfare.
Qualification and Knowledge
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN) license
- Certificate in HSE and Food Safety is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Veterinarian in the poultry industry
- Knowledge of poultry biology, infectious and communicable poultry diseases, nutrition and management related diseases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Be able to follow written procedures
- Follow GMP, Health & Safety, HACCP and Food Safety guideline
- Good diagnostic skill
- Good investigative skill
- Strong problem solving skill
- Strong analytical skill.
- The demands of the job regularly result in considerable fatigue.
- Occasionally required to lift or move objects 17kg to 25kg
- Travel to visit commercial farms and conduct clinical assessments.
- Need for walking and climbing stairs is a regular occurrence.
- The use of fine finger/precision work, the use of hand tools that require accurate control and steadiness and using gross motor skills in relation to moving objects on a regular basis.
- Ability to withstand harsh conditions.
- Exposure to noise.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job applied for as subject.