Job ID 36897
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional non- Governmental Organisation established in April 2003 and registered in July 2006 with the Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja, Nigeria. AYGF has an operational base in British Columbia Canada, Texas USA, and Nigeria (Kogi state, Niger State, Ogun State, Katsina State,Sokoto,Zamfara,Borno,Adamawa,Yobeand the FCT- Abuja). Over the years the Organisation has implemented several projects that addressed issues around migration, Public Health, Education, Democratic Governance, livelihood, Climate Change and Environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resource Mobilization Officer 1
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Resource Mobilization Manager will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of AYGF’s overall organisational resource mobilisation strategy.
- He/She will ensure proper relationship building to cultivate and leverage an ever-stronger donor support base for AYGF across select bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and corporate partners.
- Working closely with other Program teams, s/he will lead the development and presentation of proposals to potential donors and partners, support teams on compliance to donor and AYGF requirements during project implementation, and coordinate stakeholder management across donors on an ongoing basis to maximize delivery of the strategic partnerships and shared mission.
- Resource mobilization strategy and systems development
- Developing and maintaining a current understanding of AYGF’s programs.
- Anchoring on AYGF’s institutional resource mobilisation strategy, assist in the design, implementation and coordination of an institution-wide, comprehensive donor relations and stewardship system that fosters positive and mutually rewarding relations between AYGF and its donors.
- Contribute to and review AYGF’s strategy documents and knowledge management products to help best position the institution for resource mobilisation.
- Under the guidance of the Human Resource unit, take initiatives to expand AYGF’s current donor base, through effective stewardship and new funding opportunities as may be developed to grow donor support for AYGF
- Working with other Resource Mobilisation Officers, develop concept notes, proposals and budgets which drive the achievement of AYGF’s strategic plan and align with both AYGF and donor priorities.
- Prospecting bilateral, multilateral, philanthropic, and private sector partners and translating partnership opportunity into both funds and leverage in furtherance of program and resource targets.
- Provide other support as required in the implementation of the Resource Mobilisation Strategy.
- Establish and maintain strong relations with a portfolio of donors as a foundation for resource mobilisation efforts. Includes gathering intelligence and analyzing key trends in individual donor policies and plans vis-à-vis AYGF;
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events with current and prospective donors, coordinate programmatic and logistical arrangements, draft reports and set action plans for follow-up;
- Respond to internal and prepare response to external queries regarding donor contributions;
- Support teams to ensure compliance on donor and AYGF requirements, including ensuring timely and quality reporting
- Leadership support and external engagement
- Have regular communication with donors, prospective and established, while working closely with AYGF’s Communication Unit to coordinate inputs to external events and opportunities
- Support the Chief of party in identifying representational events with the potential for meaningful donor interaction. Provide proactive and timely advice to senior management on strategic interaction with individual donors.
- Represent AYGF at external forums and meetings on occasion to position the institution with donors and partners critical to achieving AYGF’s strategy.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification with 3 – 5 years work experience.
N100,000 – N120,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and one-page Application Letter to: Humanresources@aygf.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
- Applications from non-qualified applicants will most likely be discarded by the Hiring manager.