Job ID 31414
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria. Our objective is to alleviate financing constraints faced by MSMEs and small Corporates in Nigeria through the provision of financing and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial intermediaries on a market-conforming and fully financially sustainable basis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Assessment & Ratings / ESRM Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Risk Management
Unit: Risk Assessment & Ratings
Reports to (Title): Head, Risk Assessment and Ratings/Env. & Social Risk Management (HRAR)
Job Objective and Summary
- Support the implementation of the bank’s credit policy and ensure that the policy is adhered to strictly in the credit process.
- Coordinate and ensure prompt and adequate identification, assessment, treatment, monitoring and reporting of credit risk.
- Review the credit appraisal of PFIs presented by credit operations department and validated the fulfilment of all eligibility criteria and ensure that PFIs are rated in line with the credit policy manual, including implementing the Environmental and Social Risk Management (E & SRM) Policy of the Bank and monitoring compliance by the PFIs to the Bank`s E & SRM Policy.
- Ensure that all conditions precedent to disbursement are complied with by the PFIs before disbursement of funds and regularly review the Ratings of the PFIs.
- Conduct Anniversary Due Diligence of on-boarded PFIs and independently report on their compliance with the minimum eligibility as PFIs. Coordinating awareness session and training of staff and PFIs on E $ SRM policy, in addition to acting as in-house resources person on E & SRM.
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Risk Management Functions:
- Monitor compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, in particular, the Credit Policy Manual and the ESRM Policy.
- Support the HRAR in developing the Bank’s credit risk appetite, credit rating model and associated credit risk limits.
- Support the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their adherence to set limits.
- Take into account, anticipated environmental changes, legislation, market movements, annual performance results of PFIs, and compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements which might affects the ratings of PFIs.
- Identify potential risks, proffers risk mitigations and monitors the progress of risk mitigation activities.
- Proactively identify emerging and systemic risk issues in the financial services industry which might adversely affects the going concern status of the Bank.
- Support the development of the annual Credit Portfolio Plan and monitor its implementation, including regular review of the plan when necessary.
- Support the HRAR in coordinating the credit rating of the Bank.
Effective Credit Risk Management:
- Review the eligibility due diligence of PFIs and validate the outcome of the due diligence with available metrices and information.
- Support the conducting of impact assessments of the Bank’s credit policies being implemented in collaboration with other stakeholders and recommend review where necessary.
- Review and monitor the credit portfolio of the Bank to identify any observed deterioration of the Obligors.
- Support the Bank’s engagement with relevant stakeholder Organisations to establish a Policy Repository for the Bank on risk related issues that can serve as a reference point for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Anniversary Due Diligence Review of all on-boarded PFIs that have drawn on their lines and independently report on their continue eligibility as PFIs.
- Monitor compliance with collateral management policy.
- Review drawdown request of PFIs as presented by Operations and ensure that all conditions precedent to drawdown are met.
- Estimate the Monthly Expected Credit Loss (ECL) figures as inputs to the Management Account in line with the approved IFRS 9 ECL Model and where necessary recommending a review of the model.
- Prepare regular reports to MCRC & BCRC.
Effective Implementation of E & S Risk Management:
- Support the implementation of the ESMS Policy and recommend review where necessary.
- Screen all end-borrowers in line with the E & S Rating model and recommend remediation action for end-borrowers with high E & S risk.
- Prepare regular update to Development partners on level of implementation of ESRM policy.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any Social Sciences related discipline
- Membership of any recognized professional certification such as RIMAN, PRMIA, RMP, ACCA, or any related certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role is required within a financial services institution
Application Closing Date