Job ID 21881
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Operations Senior Analyst
Job Req ID: 23609902
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Risk Exposure Monitoring & Management
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business.
- Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- Provides broad relationship support for the local franchise in all product areas for credit-related matters.
- This includes but is not limited to management of the credit approval and credit documentation processes; regulatory reporting and ensuring sustainable controls and compliance with global credit policies; bringing a broad questioning approach as well as providing ideas for process improvements.
- Works closely with and supports the Country Risk Managers, Relationship Managers, Finance Managers, and senior management in managing and mitigating credit risk.
Central Bank Regulatory Reporting:
- Ensure accurate & timely CRMS submissions for Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) reporting and maintain a good audit trail for all the submissions.
- Maintain accurate databases for CBN reporting and evidence all correspondence with CBN.
- Understand & implement various CBN reporting requirements (CBN-CRMS), and closely work with Finance to manage reporting and compliance obligations.
- Provide on ad hoc and regular intervals, Credit data to CBN, NDIC, CRBs and other regulatory related entities.
Credit Documentation and Collateral
- Receive, review and ensure safekeeping of credit, support and collateral documentation; record items in documentation and collateral tracking systems in line with credit policies.
- Ensure established processes are followed; including collateral management and registration in credit systems, marking of facilities as available based on credit documentation requirements, follow-ups on exceptions.
- Develop and implement procedures for documentation custody and monitoring; contribute to standard and streamlined processes design.
Credit Preparation and Approval:
- Maintain relationship and facility data in credit systems; support business on portfolio related activities including CA preparations and update of credit information in credit systems.
Data Quality Control:
- Take ownership of the data and ensure correct updates in various credit & operation systems. Understand data flows for all data element categories; investigate and resolve the underlying causes of errors.
- Prepare & review month-end Cross Border submissions and information for portfolio reviews whenever required.
- Aid in internal and external audits for assigned portfolio segment(s). Provide portfolio and related credit information, normally at the relationship level. Contribute to achieving acceptable audit ratings.
- Maintain Credit Portfolio data at all times for inspection by CBN, NDIC, CRBs and other regulatory related entities on ad hoc basis.
- Country Risk Managers, Relationship Managers, Finance Managers, and senior management in managing and mitigating credit risk.
- Frequently interact Country Risk Managers, Relationship Managers, Finance Managers, and senior management in managing and mitigating credit risk.
- Frequently interact with CBN, NDIC & CRBs
- Bachelor’s Degree / University Degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA or Master’s Degree or professional qualification an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years minimum post-graduation experience, out of which 10 years must have been within the Banking industry and a minimum of 3 years as a Senior Manager or eqv position.
- Evidence of experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Broad understanding of risk management guidelines
- Broad understanding of credit systems and any other ancillary credit-related systems.
- Working knowledge of key credit and operations systems data flows.
- Understanding of local regulatory requirements relating to credit risk matters.
- Broad Understanding of Redesigned CBN-CRMS
- Broad banking products knowledge.
- Good organizational, time management (prioritization of tasks).
- Must display great attention to details.
- Must be Customer focused.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be confident, articulate and assertive.
- Efficient and Logical approach to problem solving
- Good learner
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online