Job ID 2427
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Routine Immunization Provider
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 5 months (with possible extension)
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA. PUI is now looking for a Routine Immunization Provider in Monguno Base.
- Under the direct supervision of the OPD Supervisor or Team Leader, the RI provider provides routine immunisation to all beneficiaries within the first one year of life and properly monitors vaccine storage and use according to national guidelines and PUI procedures.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Provision Of Immunisation:
- Welcome care-givers and their children to PUI health facilities in a friendly manner
- Follow the sequence and administer vaccines to eligible infants based on Nigeria national guidelines
- With guidance from the health supervisor, develop an immunization session plan for the catchment areas of the PUI health facilities
- Anticipate and plan to meet immunization demands of the targeted population
- Review the immunization status of infants visiting PUI health facilities and ensure that those who are due or overdue for immunization are vaccinated as soon as possible
- Give timely information to parents or caregivers of infants on the immunization services in terms of time, date and location of the schedule.
- In close collaboration with the community health workers (CHWs) monitor and follow up defaulters or infants who miss scheduled immunizations.
- Explain correctly to the care givers and parents what immunization entails for the child and give the necessary advice on anticipated adverse events following immunizations (AEIs).
- Keenly follow safe injection practices, ensure safe waste management and strictly observe universal precautions.
- Maintain the integrity and security of the Vaccines in his care
- Double check the vaccine vials to make sure the vaccines to be used are not expired
- Implement stock cards system for each item and update each stock card on a timely manner
- Ensure the right cold chain for the vaccine is maintained and hence its potency not compromised
- Report to the Health Supervisor/Team Leader immediately about any change in vaccines, in form of appearance, colour, smell, etc.
- Inform the OPD supervisor in case of any missing/damaged/expired item
- Record and compile daily and weekly consumption form and send information to OPT supervisor
- Receive the orders from Pharmacy and inspect items, as to quality, quantity, and expiry dates. Inform the Pharmacist with feedback in case of irregularity
Communication and Reporting:
- Keep and maintain an immunization register
- Give a weekly report of all immunization services rendered to the beneficiaries.
- Participate in appropriate trainings provided by Première Urgence Internationale
- Participate actively in meetings when required
- Inform the direct supervisor of the various needs
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure the quality of the vaccines used
- Report to the line manager all necessary information on lack/expiration of vaccines.
- Ensure a good communication with the patients in the facilities.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, Good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: Minimum of CHEW certificate is required, registration with the appropriate board is mandatory
- Work experience: Desirable at least 2 years of experience in a health facility providing immuization services,
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Medical Ethics.
- Basic clinical skills.
- Sound knowledge of key public health issues including vaccination.
- Knowledge of cold chain management.
- Working in humanitarian relief and interest in social issues
- Good communication skills Diplomacy
- Flexibility and service-oriented
- Team Spirit
- Be available for any emergency
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)