Job ID 5597
Experience 4 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Project Coordinator – Development
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of this role is to serve as program technical support for all project implementation of PLAN development programme in Nigeria.
- The role holder will provide support and leadership to project implementation especially during the start-up and close down phase of project implementation.
- The candidate will be directly involved in project planning, managing programme quality, financial and narrative reporting, and stakeholder management.
- The role will contribute to proposal development processes. Additional responsibilities include supervision and technical assistance to project staff as well as relations with key partners and service providers.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and with partners and related government institutions and donors as agreed.
- The post holder will lead in successful project start up processes, and support in the coordination and oversight of project implementation, including end of project processes.
- The role will contribute to knowledge management and proposal development processes.
In collaboration with the Head of Social Development Programmes,
- To understand the project initiation documents, and have a thorough understanding of the terms, conditions, and the respective roles and responsibilities of the PLAN/partners/stakeholders to ensure the project(s) interventions are capable of meeting country strategic impact for both PLAN, direct and indirect beneficiaries.
- To lead and coordinate on successful start-up processes, including project SAP documentation and upload, partner assessments, staff recruitment and office set up before hand over to project team.
- To routinely monitor budget vs expenditure, outcome and risk of all projects in the portfolio and provide operational and strategic recommendations.
- To support project close out processes including documentation and reporting, end of project dissemination and other activities.
- To support proposal development processes for new and existing business relationships.
- Actively interact with other project coordinators and their officers to share case studies, lessons learned and best practice on the Knowledge System.
- Setting job description for new project(s) staff as well as setting new projects on organizational operating system.
- Perform the Team Manager role, unless appointed to another person(s).
- Support in designing appropriate program interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context.
- Ensure that issues of gender, disability inclusion, DRR, and conflict sensitivity are factored into the program design.
- Provide regular updates to the head of social development programme, leadership team and and the rest of the Country Office on progress, priorities and constraints – verbally and in writing on an agreed frequency.
- Represent Plan International to governmental and non-governmental groups, donors as needed and agreed with the Team Leader of projects and Head of Social Development Programmes.
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Head of Social Development Programmes
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in Social or natural Science or related fields
- Masters in International Development or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in NGO sector with roles at project management and budget management
- Good knowledge and understanding of development issues in the country
- Strong knowledge of core principles of children rights, participation, do no harm principles, as well as children in
- Strong ability to work independently, organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent understanding of program starts up processes, project monitoring and project close out processes.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable programmes to meet meets it’s agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online