Job ID 32253
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Operations Partner
Requisition ID: 2327
Role holder is responsible for:
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of core products via successful completion of required sales training program, and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead Sales Support operations.
- Analyse performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the Sales Support team
- Effectively manage Sales Operations expenses to ensure delivery of internal gross margin goals.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and the Pricing Analysts to address contract issues or concerns and to ensure timeliness of contract review.
- Approve expenses and manage profitability reporting as it relates to field metrics.
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within outlets and makes proposals to create value and increase operational efficiency.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition.
- Complete sales forecasts and sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner
Build direct relationship with Channel Partner and monitor operational excellence:
- Ensure Channel Partner compliance with LafargeHolcim (LH) requirements (e.g. making sure that CP exclusively sells LH cement)
- Record CP performance against pre-determined KPIs (LH truck CICO <6 hours, CP dispatches orders in <1 day etc.)
- Daily alignment with CP on orders to be dispatched and drafted route plans
- Address CP concerns or complaints and document issues for further resolution
- Coach external field sales team lead on effectively managing the external field sales force
- Conducts trainings on 5 Steps of Call
- Effective Sales Presentation
- Identifying opportunities
- Stock taking etc.
Manage collection and integration of data:
- Perform daily CP account reconciliation and data control
- Supervise data quality of aggregated order information in LH ordering tool
- Authorize addition of new outlets/deletion of closed outlets in the LH ordering tool
- Check stock in CP warehouse and record daily updated with LH ordering tool
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of healthy P&L account for Channel Partner
Organize and track weekly activities of external Field Sales force:
- Announce any trade promos, new products, etc.
- Supervise sales leaderboard and KPI tracking
- Supervise hiring of new Field Sales Agents
- Lead sales excellence trainings and create quarterly job reviews for Field Agents and Team Lead
Indirect People Relationship:
- Weekly meetings with Field Sales team to track performance
- Weekly check in with Channel Relationship Manager (CRM) to highlight urgent issues and receive any key announcements
- Prepare and present weekly CP performance update
- Align on objectives/strategies to drive CP performance KPI Responsibility – Responsible for Inventory Management/ Sales KPIs
- KPI Responsibility
- Responsible for Inventory Management/ Sales KPIs
Knowledge and Key Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.
- Previous operations experience and an organized approach to work.
- Hardworking with a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience working in Sales and Stock management
- Team Leadership
- Creating or managing P&L Accounts
- Must be a good team player, must be innovative and proactive
- Must be customer service oriented
- Target driven and proactive
- Technology savvy
- Good people skill with ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent Communication Skills
Leadership Competencies and Behaviors:
Vision and Purpose:
- Constantly ensure stickiness with Customers
- Know the business and its trends
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Mobilize people
- Inspire commitment
Driving For Results:
- Strong Business Foresight
- Autonomous and Accountable for his/her actions
- Result Oriented LEADING CHANGE
- Build trust and get people’s buy-in
- Challenge and be open to be challenged
Critical Success Factors and Compliance with the Group Rules:
- Strong communication skills
- In depth understanding of sales and marketing principles
- Experienced user of sales ordering tools
- Proven Retail Sales experience
- Directly reports to Customer Relationship Manager
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online