Job ID 31420
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Mecho is a Y Combinator-backed Africa’s leading platform for vehicle maintenance & genuine aftermarket parts distribution. We are solving the problem of fragmented automotive aftersales in Africa, starting from Nigeria. There are 2 segments of the business; Provider Platform – We enable parts vendors to facilitate parts commerce – from import to distribution, manage inventory, branch sales, and connect with demand opportunities as well as working capital financing; Workshop Owners to manage workshop workflows and seamlessly buy Spare Parts from Part Vendors & SaaS: We’re building technology for – Vehicle Owners (corporates and individuals) to manage vehicle maintenance data, access genuine Auto parts & Tires, connect with vetted Workshops Owners for their auto repair needs, and access credit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Specialist (Tyres Division)
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: General Manager
- The Sales Specialist will drive strategic sales efforts, generate significant revenue and expand our business network.
- The right candidate has a track record of efficiently matching supply and demand efforts especially in auto-parts businesses, automotive industries, or marketplace startups across Nigeria or/and Africa.
- The role holder should be able to contribute to the efficiency of the business by providing effective and satisfactory profit and partnerships on dealer capital invested in Parts/Tyres.
- He/She should be able to accomplish objectives by using proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying and advertising.
- He/She should be able to expand our Tyres Sales Network through effective sales of part and revenue generation.
- Automobile Tyres Sales
- Business Network Expansion
- Formulate business strategy with other members of the Team.
- Ensure a healthy and successful business across all our operating countries and markets we have presence.
- Build a healthy professional relationship with existing and new JV partners and Importers on behalf of the organization to ensure customer satisfaction and retention throughout the course of our engagement with each partner.
- Execute the terms of partnership contracts during engagement with each partner. As an organization on a mission to be successful, the role holder will be responsible to meet the set Growth targets
- Customer Segment
- Establish pricing parameters in each customer category that generate enough gross profit to produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty.
- Analyze sales monthly to maintain profit goals
- Ensure all accounts pay in time, and do not exceed allocated business credit lines where applicable.
- Ensure that payments to these partners are processed in accordance with agreed terms.
- Develop and administer an aggressive parts program to produce profit
- Plan promotions and seek out volume customers to increase sales
- Develop, enforce and monitor guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with operational policies and regulatory requirement
- Directly work with customers in the area of sales and service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer needs are met, complains are resolved and services are quick and efficient.
- Manage sales, merchandizing, and cost control.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate organizational goals.
- Review market analysis to determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Achievement and monitoring of set key performance indicators.
- Keep up with market trends and abide by guiding principles.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or HND Degree. MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 cumulative years’ experience as a Sales Practitioner in an Automobile Industry
- In-depth knowledge of tyres industry and Originality.
- Ability to build and maintain Customer relationship.
- Knowledge of inventory software is an added advantage Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Must be familiar with diagnosing and accessing tyres damage and wears.
- Supply chain experience is a solid advantage.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Business acumen with the ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement
- Detail-oriented, analytical, process and data-driven
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the automotive industry is a plus.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in startups is a strong plus
- Willing and available to travel outside domicile state when required.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.