Job ID 29843
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Wellspring College is a model school established in 2003 by astute and seasoned academics and education administrators who commonly share the vision of returning standards to the nation’s educational system. We harness every opportunity to give our students sound spiritual, academic, mental and social development. We are committed to providing a challenging, dynamic, relevant and coherent curriculum, which promotes lifelong learning and produces responsible, independent critical thinkers and learners who act ethically and confidently in their personal career and community life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Counselor
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking to recruit an exceptional person as a Guidance Counsellor who would assist students with their educational, career, and social needs.
- Working with students
- Keeping confidential records
- Building a relationship of trust and respect with students
- Listening to students’ concerns, empathising with them, and helping them to see things more clearly or in a different way.
- Helping students develop academic plans that match their skills and strength
- Facilitating crisis intervention and prevention programmes.
- Communicating with Teachers, parents and administrators about a student’s progress regularly.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Counselling or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a counsellor in an academic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of the schooling system
- Active listening skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and good work ethic.
- Intermediate IT skills
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.