Job ID 36887
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
St. Mary Dedication British International High Schools is a renowned educational institution known for its academic excellence and morally upright students. St Mary Dedication British international school challenges students to develop what is finest in themselves and others, for others and themselves. We are committed to nurturing an intentionally diverse, and inclusive community that encourages students and adults to inspire and respect one another.
At St Mary Dedication British Internation school our guiding principle is Education for Light, Through Knowledge. Our aim is to provide a richness of opportunity for our student to excel, nurture and explore their talents without limits. That is because education goes beyond exam results, its about the complete development of the child.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Benin City, Edo
Job type: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced School Nurse to join our institution.
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide health services to students when they are at school. For example, you’ll treat injuries and mild sicknesses, or support students with chronic illnesses. You’ll also help with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and having proper hygiene.
- To succeed in this role, you must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with children, their parents or guardians, and teachers.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records
- Update students’ medical history
- Ensure school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases)
- Write referrals for pediatricians and other health specialists
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws
- RN/RM or B.Sc Degree in Nursing or other relevant qualifications
- Should have a genuine interest in child care
- Must understand ethical conduct in medicine
- Must be warm and kind
- Able to show empathy
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online