Job ID 8312
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Secretary
Reports to: The position reports to the Head, Liaison Offices.
- This position is responsible for providing quality support for the Institute towards maintenance of effective corporate governance, efficient administration of its organization.
- Provides administrative and corporate supports to all the department’s functions and activities;
- Takes and prepares minutes at the meeting and circulates resolutions for effective implementation;
- Schedules meetings and prepares claims for members;
- Assists in communicating decisions to the appropriate departments for effective implementation;
- Oversees the departmental registry functions;
- Files and retrieves documents as appropriate and;
- Liaises with other departments for effective planning and management.
Education and Experience
- Applicants must possess a minimum of HND in Office Technology, or other related fields.
- Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- The right person for this role must have good hands-on knowledge of administration, secretarial functions and corporate governance.
- The role also requires report writing and listening skills, strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, attention to details, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people and work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.