Job ID 22426
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will be responsible for providing security advisory to staff across the entire NHF Grant implementation locations to minimize staff exposure to security risk and mitigate any harm to staff or program property.
- He/she will develop and implement security management plan and security protocols for AHNi state offices, conduct regular security risk assessments in line with minimum operation requirements, conduct regular safety audits of all AHNi premises and recommend measures that would reduce risk, focusing on prevention and deterrence, ensure that Security Guards at all AHNi premises have undergone basic safety and security trainings and maintain clear records on the same.
- In consultation with the Security Manager/Technical Staff, he/she will ensure that safety features are installed in all AHNi premises, conduct safety and security trainings to all new staff before deployment to field locations.
- Also, the Security Officer will analyze staff security and safety needs and share with line managers through the Team Lead, develop a catalogue of mandatory trainings that staff should undertake & conduct brief security briefs before deployment to deep field locations, ensure close coordination of AHNi security protocols with other actors in the operation areas and keep monitoring for any actions that may elevate our security risk for immediate remedy.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- B.Sc. or HND in any relevant discipline; including Psychology, security & Safety, etc., with 3 to 5 years post-NYSC experience in Security & Safety Management.
- Possession of a post graduate degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Sound report-writing skills, activity budgeting and activity tracking with set timelines.
- Proficiency in Security and Safety management, incident reporting, training facilitation, security briefing, etc.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities to deliver on urgent tasks.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs is required.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)