Job ID 26689
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Syngenta is a leading science-based Agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Seed2b Intern
Employment Type: Internship
The Seed2b Intern is normally supervised by the Project Assistant and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the organization. The supervisor exercise close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance:
- Engagement with Farmers’ Hub manager at Hub in managing the Hub’s day-to-day activities
- Organizes field days and Seed fairs to showcase to farmers, improved/modern techniques in Agriculture
- Farmers mobilization for meetings/trainings/Demos/field days etc.
- Support record keeping and tracking of data at the Farmers’ Hub using the e-hub app and other record keeping tools.
- Support partners implementing activities at the hub locations
- Support the onboarding of cooperative groups accessing services at the hub.
- Give diagnostic and first-aid care/advisory services to farmers experiencing challenges
- To follow-up on advisory delivered by the team for proper compliance.
- Conduct farmers meetings, organize campaigns, build and maintain good relationships with farmers.
- To collaborate with local ADPs for smooth functioning of advisory and extension system.
- Receive feedback from project partners and beneficiaries, and forward these concerns to the project team
- Inform project team on the existing and potential field implementation problems and issues that require immediate attention, and recommend viable alternatives to resolve problems and issues
- Administer Questionnaires to farmers to get feedback as well as improve on our service delivery when/where necessary.
- Assist in sourcing for preferred location, right Hub Manager when establishing new hubs.
- Support in CSRA objectives are considered in project execution and be able to measure the impacts
- To implement Good Agriculture Technology Evaluation (GATE) in Nigeria
- Perform other related duties as required by and instructed by the SFSA supervisors.
- Candidates must have an academic background in Agriculture (OND, HND, B.Sc). Relevant field experience may be considered in place of the academic qualification.
- Must have a strong interest/passion for rural agriculture
- Willing to travel at short notice.
- Must be honest and accountable.
- Must have Basic computer skills and ability to write and submit timely reports
- Public speaking with ability to teach and transfer knowledge to rural farmers
- Familiarity with modern agronomy practices across many crops is highly required
- Ability to handle multiple apps and at the same time, teach farmers about them
- Should be a good team player, self-motivated, with an ability to do his/her work independently with minimal supervisionTop of Form.
- Should be able to multitask across multiple projects.
- Should be able to speak in the local language clearly.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online