Job ID 31212
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Dover Engineering, a subsidiary of the Dover Group, is a leading engineering company with experience in delivering swift, cost-effective, and innovative solutions to clients across various industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Employment Type: Full Time
- Review Aged Analysis of Clients’ Receivables monthly and address over-aged receivables.
- Reconcile Staff Balances monthly and provide staff with monthly statements.
- Maintain/update Deferred Income Schedule for advance payments.
- Keep the Fixed Assets Schedule current, tracking additions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Ensure asset numbering and insurance coverage are up to date.
- Facilitate Certificate of Acceptance processing for tangible assets from Industrial Inspectorate Division.
- Review Aged Analysis of Vendors’ Payables monthly and manage over-aged payables.
- Maintain/update Prepayment Schedules for Rent, Insurance, etc.
- Reconcile GL account balances with actual cost control job allocation.
- Perform inter-company account reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate monthly/yearly cut-off procedures.
Internal / External (Statutory) Audit:
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors for relevant assigned schedules.
- Implement approved internal/external audit recommendations.
Tax / Statutory Contributions:
- Prepare Clients’ VAT and WHT Receivables Schedules monthly.
- Compile Vendors’ VAT and WHT Payables Schedules monthly.
- Extract PAYE, Pension, and NHF remittance schedules monthly.
- Identify and communicate challenges in existing work procedures to the Chief Accountant.
- Collaborate with the Chief Accountant on various financial reporting and statutory compliance tasks.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working with a reputable accounting application package with not less than 5 years post-professional qualification experience.
- Oil and gas experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Sage X3 ERP and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and teamwork abilities.
- Excellent understanding of prepayment and accrual accounting.
- Must have good Microsoft office skills and experience.
- Confident and capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong integrity, Reliable and accurate.
- Logical approach to financial accounting problem solving.
- Candidate should not be older than 40 years.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.