Job ID 33721
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
An innovative digital banking platform that combines cutting-edge technology with a deep understanding of the unbanked needs, providing them with convenient and inclusive financial solutions is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Backend Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Code documentation e.g. Development of API Documentation.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions e.g. Databases, Caches
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering / Development or any other related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage but is not mandatory.
- At least 6 years of experience in the development and delivery of high-quality software applications.
- Experience in the financial technology sector.
- Strong knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Experience with development of RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of any of the following RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Aggregation of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Outputting data in different formats (JSON/XML)
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
- Experience with Queuing systems such as SQS, Rabbit MQ or Laravel Queues.
- Experience with caching mechanisms such as Redis or Memcached.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS ecosystem and migration of applications to the cloud.
- Experience with serverless technologies is an added advantage.
- Excellent planning and team management skills, demonstrating mature confidence and integrity
- Proven ability to work as part of a cross-functional development team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and documentation skill
- Should be proactive.
- Strong leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV’s as a PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Backend Developer – Lagos” as the subject of the mail.