Job ID 21411
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Visa Incorporated operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Development Leader, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Type: Hybrid position
- Manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and assigned Clients with a focus on business growth and client satisfaction.
- Manage the setting, direction and implementation of country & business strategies, objectives and plans within assigned Clients in order to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services.
- Country: Nigeria
- Accountable for achieving business targets through growing designated country business revenues PV, MV, CIF, and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of clients, anticipate challenges and take proactive ownership to accomplish country score card targets.
- Contribute to the development of the West Africa strategy.
- Monitor development of banking, financial services and payments industry, analyze trends and understand factors affecting current and potential business results.
- Lead Visas strategy with Government, Central Bank and regulators in Nigeria.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and actively manage compliance, regulatory and reputational issues (external and Visa internal) to mitigate business, operational and brand risk.
- Provide monthly tracking on results and progress for business development as part of the West Africa Leadership Team Monthly reporting.
- Lead the development of strategic plans for assigned Countries and Clients by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the markets, Client business plans, Visa priorities and competitor activities. Ensure the plans are shared, understood and bought into by specialist divisions within Visa.
- Manage financial performance, forecast and budgets. Grow the business by developing solutions using Visa’s products and services that address clients’ business needs. Identify metrics and success factors for business growth.
- Monitor, analyse and develop, respond to competitors strategies.
- Cultivate close relationships with decision makers of merchants, issuers, acquirers, financial institutions, governments, central banks, regulatory institutions and partner companies (as relevant) to stay abreast of their strategies, priorities and business issues.
- Represent Visa within market across sales, regulatory affairs, corporate and social responsibility by speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertaking media/public relations activities to shape perceptions of Visa. Work with regional functions to maximize utilization of Visa resources
- Proactively work with regional functions (finance, product, marketing, corporate relations, merchants, digital, compliance, risk, HR) to ensure that each function is aligned and actively supports the strategic agenda of the country.
- Provide integral feedback loop to regional functions and other regions on client related issues to help shape and address client needs and develop meaningful solutions
- Provide oversight on country strategy and key account plans, prioritize and coordinate product, client and brand marketing initiatives in conjunction with global and local marketing team. Ensure Playbook is developed as required by each client segment and achieve intended goals and results.
- Lead client sales function, ensure enterprise, country specific targets and objectives are met or exceeded (direct line responsibility for client sales)
- Directly manage the 3 largest accounts in Nigeria that account for over 75% of the revenue.
- Work with the mid-market manager to influence growth of revenues from these clients for the country.
- Monitor the development of banking, financial services and payments industry, analyze trends and understand factors affecting current and potential business results of Visa. Adapt business strategy to protect existing business as well as capitalize on new opportunities
- Understand and influence product positioning and pricing of Visa and competitors products in clients product portfolios
- Develop a pipeline of innovative and differentiated product and service capabilities that are targeted at delivering enterprise objectives, strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification
- 12 or more years industry experience, preferably in payments
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in client-facing roles with multiple key clients and stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (banks), large retailers, multinationals, governments, local partners, etc.
- Strong experience in the Banking, Financial Services sector, Mobile network, Fintechs, Government, card payment experience essential
- Excellent knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products and the activities of different payment systems in the relevant markets.
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa and Client organization.
- Sales Experience.
- A connector of people, communities and clients within the country and across Visa.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. Proven operator in line with the following key attributes, ability to develop strong client partnerships, highly innovative & collaborative, integrity, focus on people development.
- Curious, actively seeks for feedback, and willingness to learn. Open to try new things, and with a good dose of professional humility.
- Role models the leadership principles and creates an environment where people can be at their best in order to build a strong community.
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online