Job ID 10833
Experience 3 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Infrastructure Engineering
- We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and highly-skilled Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, to join our innovative team in Lagos.
- You will be responsible for architecting, implementing, and troubleshooting Cloud solutions as well as developing and maintaining infrastructure automation tools.
- You will leverage DevOps principles and tools to build and maintain CI/CD for service environments.
- Part of your responsibility will include using architecting for failure and maintaining services based on Service Level Objectives (SLOs), a principled way of describing and measuring the desired reliability of service, and Service Level Indicators (SLIs) to quantify reliability and Error Budgets to drive business decisions around engineering for greater reliability.
- Defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS and GCP and Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Designing, managing, and maintaining tools to automate operational processes, Deploying microservices with Docker and Kubernetes at scale.
- Building highly automated infrastructures and Development of deep insight into application and service performance.
- Execution of security best practices for cloud deployments and Ensuring system security through industry best practices.
Technologies to work with as a DevOps & Cloud Engineer (in-link):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree.
- Experience in IT Operations/Infrastructure, working as a Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Infrastructure Engineer in an Agile software development environment with at least 3 years working as an AWS architect/engineer. With Solid experience with Cloud Formation and Terraform scripting.
- Significant experience (at least 3 years) using DevOps CI/CD tools such as AWS Developer tools or Jenkins.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, VPC, Route53, ALB, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, CodePipeline, etc.
- Experience working with Windows, Linux environments at enterprise scale and working with Node, Java, Python, deployments at enterprise scale.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible and Knowledge of cloud security and best practices.
- Background in network, storage, and DNS services and Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques, and methodologies including Agile.
- Great communication skills – you are passionate about sharing your vision and getting others excited.
- Cloud certifications (preferably AWS) – Solutions Architect, Certified Developer, DevOps Engineer.
- Knowledge of GCP, or other cloud solutions.
At Carbon, People are the heart of the business, so we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- We offer a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Call with People team
- Case Study ( Assessment) / Technical interview
- Interview with the Founders.