Job ID 35639
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) was established in 1998 as a non-governmental Organization to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in the Country. The Organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria in September 2004.
NEPWHAN is now Seventeen (17) Years Old as a vibrant patient community network in Nigeria. The network formed since 1998 has established structures at the zonal and all States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and as well saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising and monitoring activities and programs of over 1, 030 support groups membership across the Federation making it one of the biggest Patient network in Africa. Our GOALNEPWHAN has formed constituent bodies; Association of Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYIN), Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (ASWHAN), Association of Religious Leaders Living with and Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (NINERELA+) to advocate and provide HIV programming intervention for the specific needs of their targets and members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: Initial 2 Months and possible 3 years extension.
Job Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Ensure that all accounting records are maintained in line with NEPWHAN Financial Manual, International Financial Reporting Standards and Donors and Partners requirements.
- Collaborate with State Staff to ensure timely reporting and prompt retirement of advances accordingly.
- Posting and updating prepayment and cash advances subsidiary ledger.
- Responsible for issuing receipts, preparing and posting of Payment Vouchers and maintaining the cash books in accordance with laid down policies and procedures;
- Monitoring of Advance Payments control accounts and generation of periodic advance payments schedule.
- Ensure that all registers including Cheque Register, Fixed Assets Register, and other subsidiary ledgers are appropriately kept and up to-date;
- Ensure that all accounting records are updated promptly.
- Processing of the release of prepayments and retirement of cash advances;
- Preparation and processing of invoices for payment;
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation statements for petty cash accounts;
- Educate subordinates on the provisions of the manual, statutory laws and regulations, fiscal policies and any changes thereon.
- Supervision of all subordinate staff of the accounts department
- Carry out other duties/special assignments as may be delegated by superior officers.
- First Degree B.Sc / HND in Accounting
- Master’s in Finance is a must
- ICAN, ANAN, ACCA qualification is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in HIV or Malaria or TB related project with International or local NGOs especially Global Fund sponsored project.
- Excellent skill in budget making and tracking
- Excellent knowledge of Quick Books accounting software.
- Versatile knowledge of Microsoft e.g. Excel, word and power point.
- Good expereince in working with Community Based Organizations and State staff.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae electronically to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Above documents should be attached as one MS Word Document.
- Candidates should indicate the position they apply for in the subject line of the email, as follows: Name, Position, and Location. E.g. Peter James Okoh_NEPWHAN Headquarters, Abuja.
- Preference will be given to persons living with HIV PLHIV, who are qualified for the positions.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted at every stage