Job ID 23924
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 6,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. IDG’s Global Health Division works in Neglected Tropical Diseases, infectious disease, including TB, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria; global health security, Heath Systems Strengthening – including Health Governance, Health Finance, Human Resources for Health, Capacity Building, and Health Policy and Advocacy; Public-Private Partnerships; and Maternal-Neonatal-Child Heath and Reproductive Health and Family Planning. We address a range of public health problems to reduce disparities, lower disease burdens, and build locally owned sustainable health programs in lower- and middle-income countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Grants Manager (Nigeria Integrated Health Activity)
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Category: Contract Management
- The anticipated $200M (est.) USAID/Nigeria integrated health activity seeks to increase the survival and well-being of vulnerable populations and improve health system resilience in priority states.
- The activity will strengthen the development and execution of state-level health and development plans and scale-up high-impact MNCAH, FP/RH, nutrition, malaria and HSS interventions.
- The anticipated activity will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and provide technical assistance in approximately five TBD priority states.
- RTI is seeking a Senior Grants Manager for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria integrated health activity.
- The Senior Grants Manager will administer the grants program and conduct grant activity reporting, budget and program monitoring, and other operational activities related to compliance with RTI and USAID grant making guidelines.
- This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, Operations and be based in Abuja, with travel to state-level implementation areas.
- Develops the grants management program and customizes the project grants manual with the input and oversight of the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Operations, and the RTI Office of International Grants, Procurement, and Subcontracts.
- Oversees the entire grants management process from developing Requests for Applications (RFAs), grant application tracking and review, budget and scope negotiation, grant approval and award, and closeout
- Reviews technical and financial proposals from local NGOs/CBOs, including negotiating budgets, and reviews grantee financial expenditure reports for accuracy and adherence to the SOW and budget.
- Conduct pre-award assessments to ensure that applicants have the capacity to adequately perform the tasks associated with the grant award.
- Maintains all files pertaining to grant award and management and ensures audit trail for all grant documentation.
- Ensures timely financial disbursements, compliance with grants financial management policies, monitoring all grant expenses and ensures routine invoicing and provides regular updates to project leadership on grant status.
- Ensures grantees understand the procurement process to avoid the purchasing of unallowable or unnecessary items
- Conduct periodic reviews of grantee compliance with grant terms and conditions and the grant schedule, as well as conduct a review of the timeliness and quality of performance.
- Provides technical assistance as required to build capacity of local partners and grantees.
- Master’s Degree and 10 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience.
- At least six (6) years of experience in grants design and administration, management, and distribution of grants; experience administering USAID grants strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs or organizations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development issues in the program regions, ability to travel and work in the field with administrative and sector technicians, as well as civil society organizations.
- Ability to travel and work in any of the anticipated priority states.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of computers, computer programs
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Verbal and written English proficiency is required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is contingent upon funding availability/award from USAID.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)