Job ID 35661
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Immigration Consultant
- EY’s People Advisory Services (PAS) team is currently looking for an experienced immigration consultant, to support our Immigration Compliance and Advisory team in Nigeria, as a Senior.
- The Senior consultant would provide support on various client engagements and promote knowledge transfer within the PAS Immigration team, through effective training and capacity building initiatives.
Expectations / Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple client engagements as an engagement supervisor
- Manage client ledgers with a high sense of job ownership and accountability
- Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Identify issues, propose solutions, address clients’ needs and execute deliverables as required
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Demonstrate teamwork, good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Participate in commercial research and marketing efforts
- Stay up to date on topical immigration matters and contribute to thought leadership and training initiatives
- Demonstrate good communication skills in terms of business writing, presentation, and public speaking engagements
- Demonstrate superior analytical and advisory skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Minimum qualification is First Degree in a Social Science course
- Keen interest and sound knowledge of relevant immigration regulations and laws guiding the mobility, employment and residence of foreign nationals in Nigeria.
Knowledge / Relevant Experience:
- Good understanding of relevant immigration laws and statues such as Nigeria Immigration Act 2015, Regulations 2017 and the NVP 2020
- Knowledge of basic entry and exit protocols for ECOWAS nationals and Alien nationals
- Knowledge of the visa extension policy and how it applies
- Prior experience in processing Expatriate Quota (EQ) applications at the Federal Ministry of Interior (FMI) in Abuja
- Knowledge and experience in preparation and filing of statutory returns such as EQ returns, SSS Returns, Understudy reports, TWP returns, etc.
- Knowledge and prior experience in preparation and processing of Visa on Arrival (VOA) and Temporary Work Permit (TWP) Preapprovals
- Prior experience in processing CERPAC -related applications at the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) offices in both Customs and Free Zone territories
- Experience in thought leadership initiatives such as alerts, news articles, advisory opinions, e.t.c, on topical immigration matters
- Experience in developing and facilitating both internal and external immigration training programmes.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.