Job ID 33348
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Management Team – Assistant (SMTA) – Internal Only
Requisition ID: req45937
- The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014 the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations.
- IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri and Monguno of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State.
- Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
Job Overview / Summary
- The Senior Management Team Assistant (SMTA) will work closely with members of the SMT ensuring their administrative needs are met for in a professional and efficient manner, to a high-quality standard.
- He/She will provide regular office support functions, schedule internal meetings, and serve as a resource to the SMT in managing tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- To be successful in this role, the candidate should have excellent organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provide general administrative support to SMT members;
- In line with IRC policy and in conjunction with relevant departments, arrange travel including, flights, visas, vaccinations, accommodation and itineraries for SMT members and high-level visitors.
- Process expenses for SMT members in compliance with organizational policy;
- Maintain appropriate filing system and ensure hard and electronic files are kept up to date and in line with IRC Policies
- Acts as a link between SMT and other departments and staff members.
- Perform in a lead support capacity; ensure schedules are maintained and deadlines are met on submission of SMT Monthly reports, develop processes and procedures for engagement with the support of the SMT
Strategy and Management:
- Manage all aspects of the Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings from scheduling, collating and distributing the agenda and papers in advance of the meetings and taking and distributing meeting minutes;
- Support the SMT in monitoring progress against key performance indicators and Strategy Action Plan.
- Prepare speaking points, meeting notes and PowerPoint presentations ahead of core meetings and external events;
- Support the SMT in drafting and preparing any necessary communications both internal and external.
- Plan and coordinate events, SMT meetings, conferences, and other events as necessary.
- In coordination with relevant departments source suitable venues and catering arrangements based on comparatives quotes and in line with organizational procedures.
- Take responsibility for preparing guest lists, design and production of invitations, collate RSVPs, speaker travel, and the development of itineraries, signage and the registration process.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Country Director and Administrative Officer from time to time.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: The CD
- Position directly supervises: None
- Technical Reporting line: Administrative Officer (Abuja)
- Indirect Reporting: SMT members
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Members of Country Management Team, Operations and others.
- External: Various (Donors, Partners, IRC visitors, Vendors etc)
- A Degree in Humanities or Social Sciences
- A minimum of 1- year experience working in or across any of the following: Secretarial, Office Administration, Support Services, Travel Management and Event planning.
- NGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent administration and office management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience of organizing, coordinating, and minuting meetings.
- Proficiency in online collaboration tools, particularly for event, travels and meeting management
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Proven event management experience.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with senior management.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- A high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm.
- A high level of interest in the work of IRC
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online