Job ID 4304
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Technician
Job ID: IbesePlantIMech008
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Category: DCP – Operations
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections, and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Enter data into ERP system (e.g., SAP) for spares and consumables.
- Technicians should personally clean operating equipment for effective performance
- Technicians should maintain the tools and tackle properly
- Ensures quality maintenance as per PM schedule
- Reports any break down or stoppages more than 30mins to sectional engineers.
- Carry out briefly- analysis of break down jobs
- Ensure no break down on groups taken for maintenance until next PM schedule date.
- Attends to any breaks down within the shortest possible time.
- Fill the checklist against the job carried out daily and file it properly
- Ensure to remove all scrap after maintenance
- Identify potential environmental and OHS hazards
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade Test I in Mechanical related Trade with 16 years relevant work experience.
- Trade Test II in Mechanical related Trade with 24 years relevant work experience.
- OND Mechanical Engineering with 5 years experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online