Job ID 31021
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, ICOFR
Employment Type: Full-time
Line Manager: Country Finance Controller
- Ensuring compliance with the ICFR including certification by Directors and External Auditors.
- Ensure the implementation of effective controls in all business processes, operations and systems, to ensure transparency and promote good corporate governance.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing Internal Control over Financial Reporting is mandatory.
- Develop a local plan for continuous monitoring and evaluation of ICFR.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that all periodic controls are complied with.
- Coordinates the testing of controls by Directors for the purpose of certification in the Financial reports.
- Maintain a dashboard for all ICFR controls that fail internal testing for Directors certification and follow up with responsible departments to ensure swift remediation.
- Coordinates the testing of controls by external auditors for the purpose of certification in the Financial reports.
- Maintain a dashboard for all controls that fail internal testing for External Auditors certification and follow up with responsible departments to ensure swift remediation.
- Come up with compensating controls for controls that fail testing and are not remediated by the end of the reporting period.
- Support departments in performing key ICFR controls where there are staff shortages or knowledge gaps.
- Ensure that evidence for controls performed is properly filed/archived and readily available for testing by Directors and external auditors.
- Supervise Country ICFR officers in the region.
- A First Degree in Accounting or any related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting is or MBA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of Associate Level Membership of the following professional bodies is a MUST: Certified Institute of Auditors (CIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
Desired Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum of 8 years’ Financial and Operational Audit work experience.
- Big 4, Global corporate or international work experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience across multiple industries/markets e.g. Manufacturing, Energy, Utilities etcetera. International work experience is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Financial Controls.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Familiarity with common indicators of fraud and error
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Healthy professional skepticism
- Attention to detail and critical thinking
- Investigation and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Accounting principles and standards
- Working knowledge of financial reporting standards (local and international)
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of financial statements
- Working industry knowledge e.g. Manufacturing, Energy, etc of business operations
- Good knowledge of multiple industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online