Job ID 5029
Experience 7 Years
Gender Male or Famele
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Requisition – 2021200869
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Lead
- Provides oversight, coordination, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in the assigned states.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management support to the state offices and IAs focusing on work plans, sub agreement management, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting Develop and oversee the execution of systems for initiation, implementation, monitoring, amendment, and closeout of all EPIC IAs’ sub-agreements. Ensure that FHI 360 delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services) Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and FHI 360 policies by state offices and IAs.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of subgrants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals. Guide and support state offices and IAs in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting, and evaluation. Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of state office and IAs staff and other partners.
- Ensure availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into the overall program. Assist in identifying, analyzing, and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the program. Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities, and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs. Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country. Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for-profit organizations. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multisectoral development project. Excellent community mobilization, advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow. Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner. Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)