Job ID 10902
Experience 7 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer – GHSA
- The Senior Program Officer – GHSA will work with the Deputy Project Director and serve as the technical lead for implementing risk communication and community engagement activities for priority zoonotic diseases.
- S/he is expected to work in close collaboration with the ministries of health, agriculture, environment and other GHSA implementing partners (in zoonotic diseases surveillance, emergency and pandemic preparedness and response, laboratory capacity building) at national and subnational level to improve the risk communication capacity and address behaviors associated with high priority diseases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Deputy Project Director with the development and implementation of GHSA risk communication activities at the national level using the one health approach;
- Support the State teams with the development, implementation and documentation of evidence-based, community-driven GHSA risk communication activities for priority zoonotic diseases;
- Provide technical support to Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) stakeholders, coordination structures and activities at national and subnational levels including development and dissemination of strategies, guidelines, toolkits, communication materials, scripts and job aids, content management and program data findings;
- Provide technical assistance to IHR National Focal Point, National One Health Coordination Unit (NOHCU), Risk Communication Pillar for the implementation of RCCE-related activities in national policies e.g. One Health Strategic Plan; National Action Plan for Health Security and Joint External Evaluation Report;
- Coordinate capacity strengthening activities on SBC strategies and activities through collaboration with relevant MDAs; and ensure documentation of all program related activities and support;
- Within BA-N, coordinate with other units – media, knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), finance and administration teams to ensure smooth implementation of GHSA program deliverables.
- Lead and coordinate timely submission of quarterly/bi-annual reports
- Monitor project events and stakeholder’s activities in coordination with project technical lead and capture lessons learnt for adaptive management;
- Other duties as identified and assigned by the supervisor.
- This position manages the BA-Nigeria states officers (RCCE) to support them with their work plan implementation and provides them with technical support.
- Minimum of an Advanced Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- Minimum of seven (7) years previous experience carrying out related tasks with donor-funded health projects is strongly preferred. Experience of working on a USAID or US-CDC funded project is an advantage.
- Experience working with varied stakeholders especially ministries, departments and agencies in a multisectoral approach developing and implementing policies is desirable.
- Experience working on issues related to Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), Social Behaviour Change or Zoonotic Diseases is preferred.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams is required.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title and the location as the subject of the mail. e.g., ‘Senior Program Officer – GHSA, Abuja’.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)