Job ID 10916
Experience 7 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications Any Qualification
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer – RCCE Capacity Strengthening
- The Senior Program Officer – RCCE Capacity Strengthening will work with the Deputy Project Director and serve as the technical lead for capacity strengthening activities under the RCCE – COVID portfolio.
- Aimed at contributing to strengthened and more sustainable RCCE systems, he/she will lead the development and the operationalization of the capacity strengthening strategies and activities.
- This will include working with relevant stakeholders to identify key priority audiences for the capacity strengthening efforts and ensuring high quality, evidence-based and sustainable approaches practices are applied.
- Key priority audiences will include health care workers and frontline workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of activities related to capacity strengthening for diverse stakeholders implementing RCCE programs in Nigeria;
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with government partners, service delivery partners, professional associations and support groups to drive and support health care workers’ capacity to promote the uptake of COVID-19 vaccines and testing;
- Coordinate the state-level implementation, through state-based teams, on the provider behavior approach to promote COVID-19 vaccination and testing uptake;
- Provide technical guidance to state teams implementing activities within health facilities;
- Drive targeted advocacy efforts and use a collaborative learning approach to build capacity of health care workers on empathy and trust;
- Identify unique opportunities and major events that can be leveraged for promoting provider behaviour SBC activities in focal state and overall health systems strengthening;
- Provide technical leadership in developing and implementing capacity strengthening approaches for other key audiences;
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity notes and documentation from meetings attended to effectively capture next steps and lessons learnt;
- Monitor and document all related program activities and challenges including mitigation on a regular basis;
- Other duties as identified and assigned by the supervisor.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) is preferred.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (communication, Public Health, Social Science or diplomacy) is required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in any health program area is required.
- Previous experience of working for SBC/SBCC or health communication programs with providers as target audience is required.
- Previous experience of working on a PEPFAR USAID or US-CDC funded project is required
- Demonstrated experience in partnership development, collaboration and human resource management is required.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward copies of their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and the location as the subject of the mail. e.g., ” Senior Program Officer – GHSA Abuja”.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)