Job ID 21395
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
International Alert is one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with over 30 years of experience supporting communities, advising governments, organisations and companies on how to build peace. Alert works with people in conflict-affected and threatened areas to make a positive difference for peace; to improve the substance and implementation of international policies relevant to peacebuilding; and to strengthen the peacebuilding sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Regional Programme Officer – West
Contract Duration: Two year – renewable
- With a proven ability in programme and project design and a talent for logical thinking, which supports the translation of complex ideas into fundable project proposals, you will be skilled at leading and facilitating a team through the conceptual idea development to proposal submission.
- You will have a track record of projects successfully designed and funded, and you will pursue new business opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
- You will be adaptable, creative and innovative, tailoring your approach to the specific characteristics of each opportunity.
- You will be knowledgeable about peacebuilding and international development; possess excellent writing skills and attention to detail, and have a flair for grasping key ideas and actions through a combination of desk research and consultation with colleagues and partners.
- You will be a collaborative team player who builds on colleagues’ knowledge and expertise to develop innovative projects and to maximise learning.
- You will also have worked on peacebuilding or development projects, thus drawing on personal design and monitoring and evaluation experiences in developing new projects.
- To be great in this job you are likely to have a talent for working with others to develop, frame, communicate and fundraise for programmes that combine conceptual and practical innovation, and have a clear and measurable impact on peace.
- In return, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team across Africa, developing and expanding our work and be part of a team of peers working to strengthen the quality and impact of our peacebuilding programmes.
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2023 (23:59 UK Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online