Job ID 23398
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, DHIS2 (Francophone)
Job ID: R2762
Job Type: Full time
About this Role
- The DHIS2 Senior Technical Advisor will provide technical support in Data and Digital Health (DDH), and Health Management Information System (HMIS) within the Project Delivery Group (PDG)/ Strategic Information (SI) Unit, in the Data and Digital Health (DDH) practice area and in collaboration with the Knowledge Management (KM) and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) practice areas. Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor for Digital Health, the STA for DHIS2 will work across GHSI departments and support business and partnership development; this post will be key to leading and managing the coordination and learning activities in DHIS2.
Data and Digital Health Management (75%):
- Coordinate with the DREAM/ DHIS2 Project Manager and project teams to implement new DHIS2 modules to support a broad range of use cases.
- Lead the configuration of systems, import of data, and development of data visualizations and training of users.
- Lead the configuration of complex, multi-country project monitoring data capture features in DHIS2, including category combinations, data elements, data sets, event and tracker programs, indicators, users, org units, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to strengthen use of DHIS2 visualizations and dashboards to support data use for decision-making initiatives within projects
- Manage the expansion of DHIS2 community supported tools within the MSH DHIS2 portfolio.
- Maintain upkeep with the DHIS2 community of practice and adapting metadata packages for MSH projects, as appropriate
Technical Program Support (15%):
- Lead technical activities in the areas of mobile and digital technology for health, and provide broad technical support to projects in the areas of data use, research and evaluation, health systems strengthening, and health finance. Specific activities may include but are not limited to:Technical strategy design, evaluation of digital health technologies and tools, development of technical solutions to support project implementation, and the provision of guidance in recruiting subject matter experts, selecting and contracting partners.
- Manage the working relationships with donors, primes, partners and government counterparts to secure client satisfaction; anticipate needs and respond to requests in timely manner
Digital Health Business development leadership (10%):
- Design strategies, specific technical solutions, and provide overall guidance to proposal development teams in the areas of mobile and digital technology for health, and support areas of data use, research and evaluation as necessary
- Identify potential funding opportunities in the area of mobile and digital technology for health
- Serve as TSL for related proposals
- Lead the development of HPG proposal sections related to the inclusion of digital health content and engagement of partner organizations in this field
Required Minimum Education:
- An Advanced Degree at the Bachelor’s level or Above in Computer Science, Public Health, Informatics, or other related field with advanced training in DHIS2.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 7+ years of related experience is required.
- Experience as an advanced DHIS2 user (configuration of tracker and aggregate data sets, design of data visualizations and dashboards, use of API)
- Experience working with a global DHIS2 instance or national HMIS DHIS2 instance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in French required.
- Proficient in Portuguese, or Spanish is desirable (verbal & written)
- Excellent writing, organizational and communications skills; including organizing, scanning and summarizing technical information.
- Experience managing complex databases systems with advanced knowledge of SQL query knowledge.
- Experience with data analysis and promoting data use for decision making in complex project environments.
- Experience transforming and importing data into DHIS2 using Excel and R or Python scripts.
- Skilled at using Excel and scripting tools such as R, Python or M-code to transform data
- Knowledge about using APIs to pull or push data into databases, specifically the DHIS2 Web API
- Experience developing and publishing DHIS2 apps
- Experience building capacity of individuals in digital health and data science through facilitating training or mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues from multiple units and within various socio-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of teams in LMICs and at the home office.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment and working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and solve problems using innovative, evidence-based solutions.
- Highly detail-oriented, meticulous, and consistent in the execution of his/her work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify areas that need support and constructively come up with solutions to address these areas.
- Travel requirements: Up to 10% international travel
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH considers multiple job-related factors when determining an offer, including but not limited to, business and organizational needs, candidate qualifications, internal equity, location, and internal budget.
- The selected candidate will be able to work remotely in a country (non-US) where they are authorized to work, and MSH is registered.