Job ID 18593
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short Term Technical Assistant: Compliance Support
Locations: Abuja & Niger
Duration: December 2022 – January 2023
Total TA days: National consultant – 20 TA days
- Malaria Consortium requires a qualified National consultant with expertise in programme compliance review who will support the end of project compliance review of BMGF CHIPS project in Niger state.
Purpose / Scope of Assignment
- The compliance review will be conducted in Malaria consortium Country Office Abuja and physical verification may be required at the state level (Niger state).
The process will involve reviews of:
- Project activities (finance, operation, HR, programs and technical)
- Spot checks with beneficiaries across the LGAs of the state.
- Review of compliance with MC and BMGF’s rules and regulations, and compliance with national CHIPs implementation guidelines.
- Findings and recommendations for corrective actions to improve operations, quality of implementation (including technical quality), enhance internal controls will be expected.
- Review the project’s activities compliance with the donor’s terms and conditions as contained in the grant agreement.
- Review project reports and expense listings drawn from the 4-year life span of the project.
- Conduct end of project asset review and verifications.
- Document and follow up on observations for immediate corrective actions.
- Document unresolved observations for reporting.
- Assist the programs compliance unit to provide adequate compliance support to the BMGF teams during the project’s closeout period
- Work 8:00 am -5:00 pm (Monday to Friday) daily in the office or in the field as may be directed.
- Write and submit full report on the assignment.
- Deliverables for Consultant
- Provision of final compliance report on the reviewed project activities (finance, program, operations HR and technical) indicating compliance or otherwise with the donor’s terms and conditions as stated in the grant agreement.
- Provision of compliance report on projects assets review and verifications.
- Submission of working documents (soft copies) of the review to the Programmes Compliance Manager.
- Carry out other compliance-related reviews on the project as may be directed by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A graduate in any of the following fields: Accounting, Public Health Financing, Public Health Economics, Business Statistics or Finance and Administration.
- Membership of a recognised professional body (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA) is required.
- 3 – 5 years post professional qualification experience in similar assignment within the NGO/INGO environment.
- Good numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to details and accuracy
- Good computer knowledge especially MS excel, PowerPoint and word applications
- Hands-on experience conducting large-scale compliance or internal control reviews.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application window may be closed once a reasonable number of applications are received, therefore early applications are highly encouraged.
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above mail
- Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grants are not eligible to apply for this advertised position.