Job ID 34758
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Enhancement Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s premier development University. Since 2006, AUN faculty and staff have been researching and developing solutions to development and humanitarian challenges faced by Nigeria. As part of this focus, AUN is a sub partner to AHNI on the USAID funded five-year ACE project in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Funded by the USAID and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States [Borno, Adamawa and Yobe], the five-year project on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria, will support a delivery of high impact HIV preventive, care and support services to populations in the Northeast of Nigeria.
- Under this partnership, AUN has a vacancy of a five Site Enhancement Officers to be stationed in Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Under the supervision of the Site Backstop, the Site Enhancement Officer shall be based in the health facility and serve as a point of contact for all project-level activities in the health facility. S/he will work with the ART Coordinator to support the service providers to deliver optimal user experience for clients receiving care and treatment in the facility.
The duties shall include but not limited to:
- Supporting the ART Coordinator in supervising the adhoc personnel, attending to inquiries/complaints, and facilitating access to services for clients and program support whilst demonstrating knowledge in contextual and cultural issues relevant to communication and relationship management in accordance with the policies and procedures of the ACEBAY Project.
- The Site Enhancement Officer coordinate ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, CaCx, GBV, COVID-19, and other related activities at the facility. Represent the health facility at the daily situation room meetings, weekly project review meetings, and other relevant meetings, and coordinate the participation of other personnel (especially facility staff) in these meetings. Coordinate the submission of daily, weekly, and monthly reports (DHIS and LAMIS files, including RADET files, PrEP reports, TB reports, COVID-19 reports, etc.) to the state.
- Ensure post-clinic reviews are conducted daily and used to drive project implementation. Be responsible for sustaining a hub-and-spoke relationship between the health facility and community structures for reporting, commodity supply and improving ownership, sustainability, and resilience of the implementation. Be responsible for galvanizing all facility efforts to meet project expectations in target achievement and quality of care including viral load coverage, client continuity in care, back-to-care efforts, etc.
- Coordinate, collate and share relevant documents to necessitate prompt settlement of financial claims for the facility, including timesheets, reimbursement for incidentals, etc. Maintain an inventory system that adequately forecasts and requests for commodities to prevent stock-out in the health facility Coordinate the implementation of recommendations from quality improvement teams (e.g., CQI teams, Therapeutic/Switch committees, etc.)
- Provide regular feedback to the ACEBAY site backstop and project head office supervisor on activities within the health facility. Adhere to professional ethics and abide by AHNI’s code of conduct and other regulations guiding personnel activities and any other duties as assigned or delegated by the supervisor.
- B.Sc or MBBS / BNS / RN / RM / CHO / SCHEW or Health-related qualification with 1-3 years post qualification experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource-constrained settings.
- Experience in a similar position is an added advantage
- S/he must reside within the LGA where s/he is applying to work
- Familiarity with the use of information and communication tools.
- Knowledge about the operating environment i.e. Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States (The BAY State).
- Knowledge of the Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
The application should be a file comprising of:
- A cover letter (addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies)
- Detailed CV including relevant experience.