Job ID 36739
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities. Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Research and Nigerian Military HIV program across 33 Military Formations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Study Nurse
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
- The Study Nurse will be responsible for performing and executing general clinical evaluation of participants, informed consent administration, determining the eligibility of study volunteers, performing nursing assessments, data collection, and other relevant procedures.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Explains the purpose and nature of the study to study volunteers/participants.
- Answers participants’ questions and concerns.
- Interacts with study volunteers and obtains written informed consent from those who are willing to participate in the study.
- Conducts participants’ screening for eligibility to join the study.
- Performs nursing assessments and collects relevant clinical data per protocol.
- Assist in developing relevant SOPs for study procedures, including but not limited to recruitment, HIV counseling and testing and interviewing procedures according to the research protocol.
- Provides safety and protection to all participants while collecting and managing data obtained from the participants for the study.
- Ensures the protection of participants’ rights and safety by providing any pertinent information to participants and the study team in a prompt manner.
- Assists in preparing protocol-required reports such as Adverse Effects (AEs) reporting, Continuing Review Reports (CRRs), and other reports as may be necessary. Monitors deadlines.
- Performs quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) activities as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of human subject research policies and guidelines.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Nursing from an accredited institution. Must have successfully completed the CITI Group 3 Modules with at least 80% score in each module. A Master’s degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of four (4) years’ post-National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) clinical nursing experience, with at least two (2) years experience in clinical research or public health program experience required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeriawith an up-to-date practicing license.
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to exercise leadership and work effectively with colleagues in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English language written and oral communication skills.
- A good understanding of principles of research ethics and Good Clinical Practice.
- Working understanding of IRB and protocol implementation, monitoring, and reporting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective counseling skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to prioritize and organize competing workloads and yet retain sufficient flexibility to respond to new circumstances rapidly.
- Attention to detail and systematic approach to the work.
- Leadership skills and team-building abilities.
- Knowledge of scientific writing and presentation skills is desired.
- Ability to use computer and office software applications such as Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Candidates must be residents or ready to relocate to Abuja.
Monthly Gross Salary Range
N350,000 – N380,000 per month.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV to The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS) via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Please read the instructions carefully:
- Kindly attach your academic and Training Certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in One PDF, Cover Letter, and CV together in One MS Word format.
- Applications without the attached Academic and Training Certificates will not be treated
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.