Job ID 24166
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Deimos is a Cloud-native Developer and Security Operations technology services company. We help companies of all sizes adopt the Cloud for improved service delivery to their clients. We’re a fully remote African-based team of engineers who are passionate about implementing engineering best practices. We leverage the latest technologies while building globally competitive solutions for our clients.
With Deimos being one of the two moons of Mars, we refer to ourselves as “Martians” who are on a mission to Mars, together. Our teams value the ability to learn and adapt to technology changes while appreciating solid foundational design and the craft of software engineering. As such our engineers enjoy working with various clients who have different problems to solve. If this sounds like you then you would be an ideal fit for our environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Professional Services
About the Role
- Our Software Engineering team builds software solutions across a multitude of domains, ensuring that each project is done with scalability, maintainability, performance, security and operational excellence in mind.
- As an Engineering Manager you have a key role to play in forming and establishing efficient practices closely aligned with our culture.
- Open and honest communication, collaboration, mutual respect, resilience and a strive for excellence are key components of our DNA.
- You will also guide and grow your team through the complexities of serving multiple clients at the same time while remaining up to date with the latest best practices.
What you will be Doing
Strategic leadership and direction:
- Chair meetings and guide technical discussions with clients.
- Help build technical roadmaps for clients and provide feedback to the Director of SE and Project Managers on project status.
- Assist Project Managers with the coordination of project timelines and team resource scheduling.
- Work across the Engineering department to ensure engineering best practices are followed and that process improvement are made.
- Work closely with the Director of SE to ensure we have the right team structures in place to enable effective delivery.
- Design, implement and document robust, scalable, maintainable, high-performing and operationally excellent software solutions.
- Hire and retain an exceptional software engineering team that live the Deimos culture and have the capabilities required to deliver on projects.
- Manage team performance by having continuous quality conversations and formulating personal development and growth paths.
- Ensure clarity on priorities and goals for team members.
- Hold regular 1:1s with team members.
- Focus on enabling a psychologically safe team environment where all remote team members feel included and connected.
- Be a positive leader and mentor ensuring team members acquire necessary skills (technical and non-technical), in line with business and personal development needs.
- Frequently perform code and architecture reviews to gain an understanding of quality and direction.
- Hold team members accountable for submitting accurate timesheets on time.
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing high-performance teams.
- Excellent project management skills and well-versed with agile work practices, and other collaborative methods.
- Proficiency in server-side languages such as NodeJS, PHP, and .Net Core.
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Consistently keep up to date with Software Engineering best practices, trends, and innovation.
- Proven ability to lead with humility and learn from team members.
- Strong understanding of technology and how to apply it to solve business problems.
- Familiar and comfortable working as a remote Manager.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online