Job ID 33038
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing Strategy Advisor
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Sourcing Strategy Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal newborn and child health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will provide and support technical assistance to stakeholders and donors on appropriate sourcing approaches for health product requirements and other technical services across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programs to ensure that quality health products and services are sourced to meet needs of the program.
- S/he in collaboration with other managers and advisors will inform health product procurements to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate health product sourcing strategy from local and international manufacturers/vendors that provides best value and meet donor requirements.
- In collaboration with internal units, serve as the lead in receiving all PEPFAR/PMI and DoD health commodities procurement requests and entering them in the system-ARTMIS, review and provide system approval to DCP and HO processed ROs and obtain clients approvals before orders are placed with selected vendors.
- Support the maintenance of the list of approved health products and sources by international (USFDA, USAID & WHO) and national regulatory authorities (NAFDAC) for procurement of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, MNCH health products and Essential medicines.
- In collaborate with Forecasting and Supply planning team, lead in the development and monitoring of Health Commodities manual budget trackers for all task orders and review all procurement requests to ensure that all requests are as per the client/mission approved supply plan, COP/Fast tool and MOP budget values and volumes for each health product category and track budget expenses to ensure funds are spent in compliance with mission/PMI approved product category.
- Support the maintenance, monitoring, and collation/processing of letter of No Objection from market authorization holders/product registration status and to obtain annual NAFDAC e-permit for health products that are procured from international sources with local registration to meet the needs of the program.
- In collaboration with DCP, lead in the reviewing of procurement request/product specifications and processing of all health commodities procurement request in ARTMIS to ensure all requests are processed and tracked in the system as required by GHSC-PSM.
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM Home Office maintain product price estimate lists from UASID, USFDA, WHO and NAFDAC approved sources that guide quantification and procurement decisions for HIV/AIDS and Essential medicines.
- Lead the maintenance of database on GHSC-PSM procured heath products catalogue, shelf life and updating of ARTMIS catalogue with new products
- Monitor and report on local and global markets on new product introduction, pack sizes, volumetric and shelf-life adjustments for client/USAID/GON consideration.
- Facilitate the development and monitoring of health product and services agreements (especially equipment) to ensure they provide best value for the products.
- In collaboration with Compliance, lead in the identification of approved sources for all health commodities and services procurements in line with the US Government FAR/AIDAR.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of all procurement of health commodities and services level agreements managed by both GHSC-DCP and HO procurement team and report on time delivery.
- Support the monitoring and processing of annual registration importation waiver from the national regulatory authority for health products that are procured from international sources without local registration to meet the needs of the program.
- Support the establishment of relationship with appropriate national regulatory authorities (NAFDAC & Pharmacist Council of Nigeria-PCN) to be abreast with knowledge with drugs banned from importation/on NAFDAC ceiling list and drugs import quality standards regulatory requirements for destination port seamless custom clearance.
- Participate in procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings to inform discussions on product selection, innovations and new market dynamic that affects product availability.
- Collaborate with Forecasting and Supply planning teams to manage client’s expectations on product availability based on new innovations, regulations and market dynamics.
- Monitor national policy and regulatory frameworks that affects new and existing health products, equipment and services to guide decisions on product pricing, availability and use.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- To Support the reviewing of commodity Monthly Financial Statement (MFS) with PMU to confirm ROs product lines and value accuracy (reconcile FO with HO records)
- In collaborate with Custom team, lead in the reviewing and monitoring of order shipments documents (certificate of analysis, CRIA and product RSL) and provide technical support in processing of Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) and make recommendation for application of new IDEC when values waived are almost exhausted.
- In collaboration with Promoting the Quality of Medicines (PQMplus)-a United States Pharmacopeia NGO, lead in the identification of quality assured local pharmaceutical manufacturers and wholesalers of essential medicines for linkage to DRF States.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Sourcing Strategy Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Three to five years of professional experience in health product selection, procurement, regulations, registration etc. in public and private sectors.
- Experience in client and vendor relationship management desired
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Evidence of being self-managed and work as part of a team.
- Ability of use Microsoft Suites required.
- Ability to use procurement / Sourcing ERP system preferred.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to multitasks
- Experience on health commodity management and product profile
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project is added advantage
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will report directly to the Senior Sourcing Strategy Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online