Job ID 8362
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 42,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Speech Writer
- The position provides technical / administrative support to the Senior Manager, Speech Writer and aims at enhancing the effectiveness and impact of the role in the execution of policies and programmes of the Institute.
- Manages the communication of the Presidency through specialized knowledge and provide strategic communication support to the Institute’s Principal office holders.
- Drafts speeches, statements, briefings and written communications for the Presidency and ensuring high level of consistency, accuracy and presentation for a wide variety of audiences.
- Liaises closely with various directorates of the Institute to ensure timely and relevant inputs into development of written communication for the Presidency and other matters of relevance to the Institute.
- Serves as under-secretaries for some sub-committees in the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must possess a minimum of HND / B.Sc in Mass Communication, Journalism, Law or any other related fields.
- Applicant with a Degree in Economics or Accounting with proven writing skills may be considered.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies/Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent oral communication, report writing, interpersonal and office management skills.
- The person must be discreet but decisive, innovative, diligent, pay attention to details and proficient in the use of Ms-Office applications with good customer service and presentation skills.
- Success in this role also demands high level of confidentiality, honesty, integrity and flexibility.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.