Job ID 7480
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: State Strategic Information Consultant
Requisition ID: req12034
Location: Benin City, Edo
- In April 2019, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which serves as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic President’s Emergency Program for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs.
- The project plays a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of US Government funding.
- The project’s overall goal is to improve in-depth global, regional, and national analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI received funding from USAID alongside other implementing partners to support the COVID-19 response in 8 states – Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger, and Oyo. From May 1st to November 30th , 2020, Data.FI supported the states’ responses, offering services across COVID decision support including data visualizations and heat mapping, situation room technical assistance to maximize the use of real-time data, enhancement of surveillance systems to address existing gaps with configuration of preferred surveillance tools, and modeling of epidemic to help governments understand how resources can shift in response to the evolving crisis.
- Working in collaboration with the respective State Ministries of Health (SMOHs), the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and the multi- and bilateral donor organizations supporting each of these SMOHs, Data.FI helped set up and/or strengthen COVID-19 emergency operations centers (EOCs) in each state, developed the capacity of the states COVID-19 Task Teams.
- The second phase of support to these states, expected to commence in October 2021, is aimed at building on the achievements of the first phase of support provided with USAID funding in COVID-19 vaccination program decision support and additional capacity building of EOCs with enhancement of surveillance systems to address identified gaps.
Purpose of Position
- In support of the Edo State Government’s’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of Strategic Information Consultants who will work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders to support the enhancement of the State COVID-19 emergency operations center (EOC).
- The State Strategic Information Consultant will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for COVID-19 output and outcome indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving.
- Under the guidance of the Data.FI Nigeria Senior Regional Data analytics and Use Advisor, the SI Consultant will ensure that data use strategy is effectively implemented, and robust information products are produced for informed decision making.
- The candidate must be based in Benin City as Palladium Data.FI will not cover any relocation costs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to enhance COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e., SORMAS and paper-based systems
- Support the implementation of periodic (daily/weekly) data review meetings for rapid action methodology at state level and across hierarchies
- Conduct business analysis of user requirements on data collection systems and methodology within the states
- Work with the stakeholders to facilitate and support reporting processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers
- Generate daily and weekly reports on COVID-19 response in the state
- Work with the State Epidemiologists, Data Analytics and Visualization Specialists to develop and package state information products and briefs
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient level information
- Serve as a technical backstop in data quality, data alignment exercises and health informatics support at the state level in a multi-sectoral effort
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of state level performance on key outputs and outcomes COVID19 indicators
- Work with other implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, EOC, and other platforms
- Provide technical support and strengthen capacity of the State EOC to develop analyses, profiles, briefs and program bulletins on COVID 19 response in the state
- Work on any other duties assigned per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred.
- Working knowledge of patient level and aggregate data management systems.
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques.
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management, and problem solving.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Proven skills in data analysis and data visualization with proficiency in statistical packages.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The candidate must be based in Benin City as Palladium Data.FI will not cover any relocation costs.